Camelback in a pack?

FryGuy

I have several camelbacks sitting around the house. I am also in the middle of a pack build. That got me thinking, Why not combine the 2?

Has anybody successfully done this yet?

I will document my progress and post pics if it works. Heck I might even post them if it doesn't work so you know what NOT to do.

Yeah...the bathroom thing is not an issue here in SC with our high temps and massive humidity. NOT having water is the problem.

I am making it so it fits into the seed trays, but will be removable for indoor troops where water is available if needed. I have it all worked out in my head. I just need to make it real.

Putting it inside your back armor, though, would keep you cool if you filled it with ice. Then you wouldn't even need to drink it...

I have put my medium sized camelback in my spacepack, and have trooped with it under the armor.

the armor doesnt fit right with the CB in there, but we were hiking up several thousand feet, so it was necessary for safety.

I dont think you can get one in a cannon pack though. the boxes might be okay, if you cut into them from the frame side, but you'd have to get tube extenders form a sports store or somethign to get the hose to reach under your armor and up to your helmet.

My question is. Do you do events where you have your helmet on that long, or rather in a troop where you do not have the ability to go take a drink in a "out of sight" location?

More of a "just in case" thing. We have some outdoor troops throughout the Spring Special Olympics, Memorial Day parade, Airshow, SunFun Festivals, etc. Temps in April/May can be harsh here and those events don't have regular water stops.

Mostly, though, I just think it would be cool to have.