*done* TD-4451 Requesting Deployment

Opfor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Is this going to be the first deployment of 2011?!?! :D

A couple of things... first off, you'll have to remove the "got droids" patch from the pack and do pictures without it on there as you can't be deployed with it.

And you need to do pictures with the pauldron on top of the pack-strap... not the strap on top of the pauldron.

Of course Juan has the final say in this... but other than those two things I'm not seeing anything holding you back. :duim:

Looking good trooper!

My bits of feedback (not to say these would prevent you from getting deployed, but just in terms of simple accuracy and detail that you can fix in 5 minutes):

- your hand plates are on the wrong hands (switch left for right).

- I would trim about 1.5" off the side of the chest armor, and about 2.5 to 3" off the sides of the back armor

- is your butt plate cut / detached from the kidney plate?

- trim the corners of your belt armor at a 45 degree angle like this

other belt end

Definitely doesn't pay to do this in a hurry and rush through this as I did today, missing some pretty simple and basic things here.

Did not know about the 45 degree trim on the belt corners, thanks for the photo. Would you say this is about a 1/2" trim?

Yes, butt plate and kidney are two separate pieces, I have industrial strength velcro holding the two together.

So by trimming the front chest and rear back is the goal to create an open gap between the two pieces?

Thanks for the tips.

:)

Hey Pat,

Did you say..."Well would you just look at that, Just LOOK AT IT? :D, great video btw.

I used a small amount of the burnt umber (acrylic) in the seams and recessed area. The rest, 85% is fullers earth. I can't believe how clean this looks in photos, I was worried the entire time that I had used too much and now I'm thinking I look almost a bit too clean...go figure. You can see on the close up helmet photos that it is heavier than what it appears.

It's all a learning experience for me...good thing about the weathering is I can always add more if I feel led or take it all off and do again :)

Lol, that would probably work.

The great thing to me about the fullers earth is that it looks and feels just like sand once applied. I sprayed hairspray to the armor I was about to work on first and then lightly tap a small paint brush with the FE from above so that it sprinkled onto the armor. There is a good video in the weathering section of a guy doing this in his back yard. Let it dry 20 or 30 minutes and then I would push and rub some of the excess up into the corners trying to give it more of a built up look.

I hear FE comes off easily if caught in the rain so once I'm 100% happy with my weathering I'm going to come back and clear coat this in a matte finish.

Is the look at this guy really a friend of yours? I think I read that didn't I?

Love it....yeah that's my excuse too, I'm so use to looking in the mirror. You almost have this sound of a plea in your voice as if to say... you don't understand, you can't let this get out cause I'm their leader :lol: Thanks for sending!

I like that. Thanks for sending! :lol:

Hey... if we can't laugh at ourselves then what will we do when we're trapped in a horrible Kessel spice mine accident? :D

That was last year around this time.

And still that horrible little shoulder pouch. :P

ed bassmaster is not a friend just someone i admire.

Mike next week i'm gonna aply for EIB with my TK suit on the FISD forum and will put my handguards backwards like you hahaha. It'l get a laugh.

Promise. Please send me the link when you do. :lol:

Great job Mike! I know you can't have the "got droids" patch on your pack for your deployment photos, but it looks cool nonetheless.

Other than some of the suggestions from Panda, and of course that handguard thing, everything looks great.

Although that pack could use some work. Jeez, who put that thing together, a couple of drunk Jawas?:blink:

Good luck with your deployment and congrats my friend!

Just a quick observation. Not sure if this matters or not, but with your setup, it looks like you are going with either the "Road block" or "Cantina" version of the Captain. Both of these have a 3 slot ammo pouch on both the right and left hip. You only have one on your right side. Hopefully it's not something that will stop you from getting deployed. If it is and you need one, let me know, I have an extra and I will send it to ya.

Just a quick observation. Not sure if this matters or not, but with your setup, it looks like you are going with either the "Road block" or "Cantina" version of the Captain. Both of these have a 3 slot ammo pouch on both the right and left hip. You only have one on your right side. Hopefully it's not something that will stop you from getting deployed. If it is and you need one, let me know, I have an extra and I will send it to ya.

No... it's not.

It's just something he might want to do later to beef up his screen accuracy... or to mimik one of those troopers specifically.

Hey Mike. That looks awesome!!!

You should follow the suggestions you have already got and just take new pictures without the patch on the pack and with the strap correctly positioned.

Also, terry's suggestions are good. Hopefully you will do it. Although it won't affect your deployment, I strongly suggest to do the trimming on chest, back and belt. It will give you a better look and feel.

Finally, you just need two specific pouches for deployment. So your configuration is fine. If you chose to go further into a more accurate portrayal, then you could add another pouch depending on how you want to look. But this is a choice beyond deployment.

I am reviewing this from my iPhone, tomorrow I will use my computer to view your pictures in a bigger size. If I find something else, I'll let you know.

You have done a great job.

You have a very cool looking td!

Good job bro.

Will be looking forward to see the new Picts and your deployment!!!

Saludos.