Sound effect for T21?

Hey everybody...

I am in the middle of building a T21, well, not me but a carpenter HEHEHE...

And now I have the chance to include a BFG sound FX on my blaster, and that is great but there is one issue: How does a T21 sound?

I guess there is no actual sound for a T21 on any SW movie, cause I cant remember it being fired, or is there one?

If so, does any one has a good quality file with it?

If there is no sound, what does everybody use for their sound effect bfg?

I know there are a few who have it...

Any idea or suggestion?

Thx a lot.

Saludos.

I did find this interesting from the Star Wars Wikia site...

Since the T-21's standard power pack only has enough energy for thirty shots, it was almost always paired with a continuous-feed power generator. The twenty-kilogram generator was carried as a backpack.

It's interesting because the "stop that ship" trooper who carried the T-21 didn't have a pack of any sort! :P

In the movie when the STS trooper shoots with the T-21, (they try to shoot at the Falcon / Han solo) the sound effects are not really any different than an E-11.

I used the Hyperdyne card which actually has several blaster sounds on it (clone, etc.) but I kept it to the E-11 one to match the film.

I was just as anal retentive into researching this as you are. :)

Sounds pretty cool, very unique. Try and disconnect the speaker wires, connect it to a 1/8" stereo jack, then wire it inline with an Aker amp. That's pretty much what I did for my T-21. :)

yep when i get my T-21 i'll buy the fett blaster and do that then i'll be a superstar.

In the movie when the STS trooper shoots with the T-21, (they try to shoot at the Falcon / Han solo) the sound effects are not really any different than an E-11.

I used the Hyperdyne card which actually has several blaster sounds on it (clone, etc.) but I kept it to the E-11 one to match the film.

I was just as anal retentive into researching this as you are. :)

Yep,

I noticed too that the t21 doesn't have any distinctive blast sound. Its weird cause after all the sound fx research and development done for ANH, one could assume that such a BFG would have its own special effect. I mean, even the little gears and stuff in droids on the background have their specific sound FX.

If I ever meet Ben Burt I will ask him about that.

hehehe...

And yes bro. I can be very obsessive when researching this kind of stuff...

You know that.

:D

So. Next question, should I assume, given the sound info on ANH, that t21 sounds just as an E11???

I mean, that would be the accurate thing, right?

Or should I try and develop a new fx?

Or maybe just use another blaster (boba fett, clone, etc) effect as suggested?

THX everyone for their ideas...

Still, what do you think about it now?

Saludos.

The Hyperdyne and Plecterlabs sound cards are not stocked very often. They are hard to find. I would get one of the new toy blasters (not the Hasbro E 11 because it has that weird secondary sound) like the Fett on above, and wire it into an Aker amp. I think its the best route so far.

If you are crafty, you could also wire in a Luxeon III led into end for muzzle flash. Be careful not to blind kids though!

I am looking around at SW.com on the soundboard section, and found some fx that might work.

ATAT cannon

Boba Fett blaster

TK blaster

TIE Fighter blaster

Maybe I can use one of those and mix them to create another one.

Or just use one as it is.

I am thinking about the ATAT cannon firing.

I have mixed the ATAT and the E11 fx and it kindof sounds like a, well, LIke an E11 mixed with an ATAT cannon. LOL!!

Or like a very big E11... I dont know...

http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/soundboards/?sb=uwv57869k4

What do you think?

Saludos...

If you rapid fire / loop that, the AT At sound is really annoying when repeated. It sounds very "slow" for a light repeating blaster. :) Just my 2 cents!

I think if you have software for audio editing, just take the E-11 one and adjust it. Maybe deeper tone, more echo, etc.

Wow, the AT-AT cannon was going to be my suggestion, that is one Powerful sounding sound. B)

Yes, good luck on the hyperdye board. I've emailed and been watching his store for months. Sent several emails asking if or when any board would be available and have yet to receive a reply. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching ANH right now, and there is a distinctively different blaster sound other than the E-11 during the stop that ship scene. Also the DLT-19 make a distinctive sound during the cell block scene. It is similar to the AT-AT but a little higher in pitch and it only fires in two round bursts. That sound during stop that ship may be the DLT-19, but if it has a different sound than the e-11, then logically the T21 would.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...that is a cool video B) if they would get rid of some of the FX buckets it would be even better :P . Definitely like the sound of that T-21 on there it ROCKS!

I thought Boba Fett was with us, guess he just sells out to the highest bidder. I wish I could take a knee like that in my armor..I've seen how much of the white armor that normally has to be cut off in order to achieve this and it leaves too much black showing for my preference...maybe there is another way.

Wow...that is a cool video B) if they would get rid of some of the FX buckets it would be even better :P . Definitely like the sound of that T-21 on there it ROCKS!

I thought Boba Fett was with us, guess he just sells out to the highest bidder. I wish I could take a knee like that in my armor..I've seen how much of the white armor that normally has to be cut off in order to achieve this and it leaves too much black showing for my preference...maybe there is another way.

During Celebration IV y was one of the target Troopers on the Laser Tag game. And at first it felt really uncomfortable to run and hide in white armor. But after a few games I found I could kneel, hide, bend and other stuff I thought I could never achieve in armor.

A few hours later, at the dressing room I found out the secret: my armor was all full of cracks everywhere.

Nothing that could not be repaired but, not the nicest thing to happen.

:)

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

At the end and after a long search for the ideal sound, I decided to go screen accurate. As if I were going to go any other direction ;)

So I will be adding the E11 blast sound effect.

So, my question is, does anyone has it in an audio file?

Thx a lot.

Saludos

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys,

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I've added a blaster effect for the T21 to my build thread.

It's a mix of Boba, and E11 and an M16, then processed to give (what I think) is a more suitable sound for the T21.

The thread is here and the links are in the thread to download the WAV files.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13813

All the best,

Lee.