Backpack MP/3 Speaker system with remote

Opfor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pat,

I finally listened to the other loop that you sent today..it is basically the 501st loop but on CRACK :blink: ! Someone sped it up and it now sounds like a bunch of cartoon characters. The 501st version is 10x clearer and better. They did add a few new soundbytes from the movie and the best part to me was when he said "Alright men load your weapons" B)

Mike, thanks for the info on the loop. I hadn't listened to it - just downloaded it for future use.

To get in the 501st, I need to weather my armor and have been waiting on the boots. I have a small spanish pouch and a Zaddok shoulder pouch, but will have to wait on a backpack for the forseeable future. I need to figure out a way to wear the shoulder pouch without the backpack strapping. Hopefully that will be enough to get approved.

The shoes definitely but you shouldn't need to weather or have any pouches to get into the 501st, just the basics. The other things you mentioned are more deployment requirements. The big thing is just get into the 501st....that's the way I did it. I'm just now weathering mine and came in on 1 Jan of this year. :)

Hey Tommy,

Once you are approved into the 501st you will gain access to the sandtrooper loop. The creator of the loop asked that it only be distributed to 501st members so they keep a pretty tight grip on that. Once you in, no problem on showing you how to find it. It actually last for 10-15 minutes and has all kinds of cool radio traffic as well as noises from your cooling pack coming on.

Are you working on buidling a TD?

Yeah im in the process of a TD build, just saving money. :td:

Good luck, if you have questions the MEPD is the place to ask ;)

I just started in Nov and picked up my 501st TD# on 1 Jan of this year

thanks to alot of the guys help and advice from this forum.

Someone can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong but no one within my garrison mentioned it and I've never heard or seen where it was a requirement to be weathered to join the 501st. If I were you I would submit upon receiving the boots.

I thought weathering was a major requirement to getting in the 501st. I just assumed that you were considered to be a HWT if the armor wasn't weathered. I might put my application in ASAP when the boots arrive.

Well... it is a gray area as far as I know.

Weathering or sand/dirt is actually not mentioned as a must over the 501st requirements in the TD CRL. But yes, most of the times, a TD without dirt is considered a HWT.

To be 100% honest, acceptance and clearance to 501st can be a very subjective thing, since for standard costumes the decision is made by each Garrison's GML officer. So, it is up to their own criteria must of the times to accept or deny any costume. Of course with the CRL and the existence of detachments such as this, we aim to have the same criteria and standards legion wide. But it is not always like that.

For example, a TK suit that can be 501st approved by the GML in, lets say, Garrison X, could probably not met the requirements of the UK Garrison, which holds the reputation of being extra demanding.

So... If you are here, I think you are not from the group that would settle with just "having" the designation. So I would say: try to go as far as you can from the beginning. Weathering, configuration, details, parts, and all... Thats the fun of it.

And of course, there is a lot of ppl willing to help you over here.

:D

Good luck with your 501st clearance.

Saludos.

Hey Rick,

I was just thinking about that a few days ago, since you and quartermaster build a lot of packs. Might be something worth adding as you build since they are so cheap. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Just did my first troop with this setup and wanted to offer some feedback. Unit worked as predicted but was a bit hard to hear due to the crowd of nearly 200 people in the lobby. I think it would be better if the speakers were maybe 5watt but overall it worked like it was suppose to. I even installed the second speaker just so that I would have maximum sound. I found it easier to just have my wife open the radio box and turn the unit off and on in order to keep playing the sandtrooper loop. A better option will be to load that loop 4x in a row on the memory card and that will have it playing for at least 45 minutes with no worries. Would only need to use the remote should I need a different track.

Bottom line, I think it was definitely worth the 17.55 and would do it again.

what other mp3's do you have in there?

you could always make a playlist in itunes and add loop 1 and loop2 in there and just shuffle them, and they should play well together. OR you could copy loop2 and rename it something else a few different times, and let it run. This is what I am thinking of doing this weekend.

I've actually got 4 different ones. Two are sandtrooper loops, found 1 on the 501st site, it is a little over 15 minutes long. The other I found on the MEPD forum and is 11.30 long. Both very similar but the second has more of the pack cooling system sounds along with that cool Imperial probe droid sound from the ESB. I line those up back to back so that this plays them one after the other giving me 26.30 of sandtrooper loop.

I guess I could go into I tunes and do all that but I'm not into Itunes, lol, don't even have an account :o

The little memory card I use is 1g so it will hold more than I will ever need. The other two I have on there are the Imperial March and one I found called Imperial Attack...pretty cool. I figure 90% of the time I will want the loop playing and maybe if we make some grand appearance or walk in will I use the march, which I will just pull the remote out and switch it over for that. What kind of speaker system do you have in your radio box?

sounds good to me.

you don't need any type of account for iTunes. I don't have one. I use it cause its far easier than winmedplayer or (shudders) WinAmp which my wife insists on using.

That is the seller but not the speaker system I used. Type this in on ebay

Mini Portable Stereo USB Speaker for PC/ iPhone MP3 MP4

Right now nothing is showing up. After you enter this and hit search go over to the left side of the page under SHOW ONLY and click COMPLETED and do another search. You will see that the system I used ended on 29 Jan. I would simply email the seller thru ebay and ask if he will be carrying more...good luck