Backpack MP/3 Speaker system with remote

Opfor

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was such a great idea i couldnt pass on it, even thou my pack isnt even started and im not in the 501st yet, lol just wanted to make sure i got one before they were not available anymore :P it is $24.55 now with free shipping on ebay.

I have to say thanks everyone for all he great info and for everyone kindness/help, i really feel like i found my home.

• 1 month later...

This is awesome! I'm assuming this is it or similar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Stereo-Speaker-SD-USB-MP3-Player-Mini-Boombox-/260569482213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cab26c3e5

My armor and pack is on its way and I definitely want to do this when I get a little cash. I'm thinking I will probably attach the remote to my BFG somewhere.

Thats it. I did have to go with an aker amp as the speakers were just not loud enough once you get out in crowds or an event. I love the system now and it is really cool when you need to make a grand entrance using the Imperial March. B)

Hey Guys,

Wanted to share my newest upgrade to my radio box. After much thought on whether to run my voice and sandtrooper loop thru one speaker mounted up front I finally decided the only accurate way would require a second mounted in the radio box. I searched ebay for about an hour before finally finding the one I thought would do the job. Figured it might be easier to shoot a short video versus trying to explain what all it can do plus you can hear how loud it is.

If you are interested you can do a search on ebay using Mini Portable Stereo USB Speaker for PC/ iPhone MP3 MP4. 17.55 bid with free shipping or 19.35 Buy it now free shipping (US Only). Store name is bestelectronic-store. I'm loving it so far. Hope this helps.

If you still have the box it came in or the housing you ripped the guts out of could you give maker/ model any and all info about it so I can hunt it down so we can get it cheap as posable

Thats it. I did have to go with an aker amp as the speakers were just not loud enough once you get out in crowds or an event. I love the system now and it is really cool when you need to make a grand entrance using the Imperial March. B)

So did you rig this system to an Aker? I really like the remote and ability to play from an SD card.

Was it loud enough for the chatter? That is what I mainly wanted it for. I can play the march through my existing aker and not worry about where the sound is coming from. I want the chatter to come from the radio though.

Yes, I unplugged the speakers and just hook an aker up. It is MORE than loud enough. I only use 1/2 of the volume level and the chatter is loud and clear.

I just found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-CMA3000-Amplified-Speakers/dp/B0009RG9I6

I bought one on ebay for $3 shipped. Being 10W, I'm thinking it should be loud enough for the chatter. And it is quite a bit cheaper than an buying another Aker. I'm going to try just running the chatter though an mp3 player right now and if it works well I may add the SD reader to get the remote control capability.

Not going to be quite as convenient since it takes 4 AA batteries but it will just be one more step of removing the batteries to charge instead of just plugging it in. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Forgot to post the other day. I got the speakers. I don't have my pack yet, but I plugged them into my iPhone and they are quite loud! Good size too. Probably not even going to take them apart.

That second one looks like a slightly bulkier version of the one TK6294 offers. That first one is intriguing though. He did say some new models were coming I believe. It would be nice to have the SD card slot on the amp, but it is also kinda nice to have a small mp3 player hidden on the outside of your armor to control the chatter.