X-WING & TIE PILOT HELMET progress pics

gino

Almost finished.

Made in the correct color, gloss and thickness of ABS.

Still need to get decals made and tint the visor.

For the x-wing helmets, I plan to do a couple versions of x-wing helmet including both hero and background style.

For the Tie helmets, I plan to do a hero, background, and of course the AT-AT pilot (one of my all time favorites).

Here's some pics so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks!

The visor is sort of retractable. It fits snugly into the helmet so you can just push it up or pull it down.

That's how the original ones were for the films.

There is no elaborate track system or anything like that.

Is the visor on the X-wing helmet retractable?

What are you going to be using for the rears tamks on the AT-AT lid?

Haven't got that far. It's definitely going to be a challenge getting all those parts. I have some, but a long way from all of them.

I know a lot of you are already familiar with what differentiates a hero TIE helmet from a standard TIE helmet, but for those who aren't, here is a quick at-a-glance comp.

As far as I know there are 3 distinct hero helmets made for ANH. They started out as standard (background) helmets but were detailed and weathered for close up cockpit shots.

Every helmet I've seen in the film has the one metal greebly on each ear and that's it.

PS, there was footage shot for ANH of the standard TIE pilots running down the death star hallways and the hero TIE pilots in the cockpit that were used in ROTJ. All the TIE helmets were made for the ANH production, none were made for subsequent films.

Posted Image

Here's an x-wing helmet compilation I put together to illustrate the different styles used in the films.

I'm sure that not all of them are accounted for in this comp, but it should have most of the important ones represented.

Hope it's helpful for those who aren't x-wingnuts. :lol

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing the build. B)

i wait for the TIE when it finished,and when you do the ATAT :D i only can found/acquire 1 BOC and 1 sweep arm so far,loooong way for me on that helmet.

have you found all the parts for the TIE pilot helmet?hose,back greblie and which one would you use?