Lewis or T-21

Do we call it a Lewis Gun or Lewis or a BlasTech T-21? I will tell you.

The most common Light Repeating Blaster is the BlasTech T-21. I think we should stop calling it a Lewis and start calling it the BlasTech T-21 or T-21.

I mean, come on, we don't call the BlasTech E-11 a Sterling do we "No!" nor do we call the DLT-19 an MG34 or the Heavy Blaster a MG15.

BlasTech T-21

It's a nice groove to get into (proper SW universe names), but for those unfamiliar with the specifics, it's usually easier to use the real world names. In the case of the MG15, it's officially unnamed in the SW universe. I second, if you know it, use the SW name.

PS- maybe as the baddest sandtroopers this side of tattooine, we should make a designation for the MG15 blaster

Unless the SW names for these become more commonplace, people including those in the legion will still refer to them by their real-life model numbers. I agree that if you're going to 'wear' the character, you should also 'speak' the jargon. But we're all creatures of habit so common usage or practice will often win out; you'd really have to make a conscious effort to use the SW terms till over time it becomes second nature as with any adjustment to something new.

This being the MEPD, it might be a good idea to start using the SW universe names and kudos to anyone who can make the switch hassle-free. I wouldn't go so far as making it mandatory though otherwise we risk another tempest in a teapot about what's canon. Plus you couldn't use nicknames like the military has done through the ages.

I'm partial to 'Peacekeeper' myself

OK, I'll dissent. Soldiers have been giving their weapons & equipment slang terms since there have been soldiers. Do you call it a P-47 or a Thunderbolt? I have no idea what the official model numbers for the humvee or deuce and a half are.

I think a good part is that it's just easier to say "Lewis" (2 syllables) than "T-21" (three syllables). Perhaps more importantly, Lewis just sounds cool, and Sterling doesn't.

If you were so inclined you could make the case that in the SW universe the nickname for a T-21 is a Lewis Gun, and for an EF-11 it is a Sterling. Who is to say? A lot designations came out only after the movies were made, so I guess I don't feel too inclined to stick with them overly much.

"Man, awesome Lewis!"

"Man, awesome T-21"

Which would you rather have people say to you?

Which would you rather have people say to you?

...People usually say "My you've got a big one"

Honestly, Lewis is the common name, T-21 is the offical name. The MG-34 (that's 4 syllables - getting longer!) in lieu of DLT-19 (My word, 5!).

I'm easy for either, though Beru Blaster does sound about right

Guess bottom line is don't fix it if it ain't broke when it comes to referring to BFGS in the vernacular

Official names are good for drill instructors, quartermasters and trivia buffs to remember. To insist they be referred to only by their official name would make you sound a bit like a martinet imho.

I'm still flexible for either however but more likely to remember Beru Blaster while the uninitiated public will call it whatever they want