T-21 BFG run from The WoodChuck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous you will be the second person to get one of these new builds =)

Woodchuck here. I use a mini-production line set up to build stuff. Four barrels, then four couplers, etc, so there is only going to be a day, maybe two between the time all four of these are shipped, LOL.

WoodChuck here. This photo shows the trigger switch mod, or upgrade for this run. Pressing

this micro switch momentarily turns ON/OFF any electronic circut connected to it. The wiring is long

enough to reach well into the barrel area.

Posted Image

WIP continues. the eye surgery had some complications, and I've had to limit my time in the workshop,

but progress is being made, and this project should go quickly now.

Thanks,

Chuck

That switch is AWESOME Chuck! Any chance I could get you to install one in the Animated DC-15L you are gonna make for me?

WoodChuck here. This switch upgrade is proving to be way more time consuming then i anticipated. I would have to increase the price of the long irfle for this mod on that blasster, IF (big IF), it is even possible to do the mod. there isn't much room in that area of the receiver on the long rifle.

Chuck

Chuck, looking great so far! Just my personal feedback on the trigger switch setup. I think you could save a lot of room if you simply use a smaller switch and imbed it into the trigger itself. Make it a solid trigger with no backspace behind it.

I know its a loss of detail but its worth it to have a functional trigger. My feedback is that the current grip looks really weak with the big cavity cut out of the grip. Even if you glue grip panels on top. The weight and length of the blaster will put a lot of stress on the grip. Just my 2 cents from building mine.

Heres a switch that is much smaller and takes up less room. Could be mounted in a hollow trigger or even surface mounted.

http://www.rpelectronics.com/30-14410-printed-circuit-tactile-switch-kit-10-pcs.html

Woodchuck here. Roger roger, thanks for your input. I too felt that the grip would be weak if left as is, so I have added a solid layer of 1/8 baltic birch ply wood to the other side of the grip and receiver. You just can't see it in the WIP photo, since it's on the backside, LOL.

Christian,

Yup! Mine looks exactly the same!

Just a quick review since I have a few more minutes than just a one liner!

Thanks Chuck for running this T-21 build! Since the beginning of this build Chuck has been more than willing to answer any questions up front and gave a realistic timeline on getting the work done. I got plenty of (WIP) Work in Progress along the way, which was great getting to see my BFG come together from the start. It came earlier than I expected and looks better in person than it does in the photos; this thing is just so badass. I can't express that enough! Thanks again Chuck!

Peter