TD Sandman Tigui Requesting Deployment

Sandman Tigui

post-0-064895100 1292897414_thumb.jpgpost-0-000098800 1292897349_thumb.jpgpost-0-043876600 1292897337_thumb.jpgpost-0-042304600 1292897316_thumb.jpgpost-0-093675500 1292897305_thumb.jpgpost-0-098519400 1292897287_thumb.jpgpost-0-098519400 1292897287_thumb.jpgpost-0-098519400 1292897287_thumb.jpgAfter 8 days of hard work, tons of online research, 50 cups of coffee, the aid of two friends, lots of support from Dean Plantamura, Tupperware TK, Sandtrooper 2557, Juan Arvizu, Noel Green, TK 2126, Luis Crazas and many more I'm dirty enough to walk the harsh dunes of Tatoonie.

As a matter of fact I would like to become the founding father of the first Outpost in Guatemala as of now their isn't any 501 in my country.

I'm attaching the pics that granted me the first prize in the VI Star Wars Con in Guatemala with a round trip to any destination in the US.

Hope the pics honor you guys and last but not least due to Brady Wicker some ammo pouches are on its way to complete Sandman Tigui!

Cheers to all, Viva la Empire!

Posted Image Sandman Tigui

Sandman Call of Duty

If you cannot see the pictures in my FB please advice as I'm having a hard time in uploading them here.post-0-098519400 1292897287_thumb.jpg

post-0-031086400 1292897367_thumb.jpg

post-0-008260800 1292897382_thumb.jpg

post-0-082774700 1292897391_thumb.jpg

Hey Luis,

Again, welcome man!

Great to have you here!!

I moved this thread to the "Imperial Issued Armor" section of the site. The "MEPD Recruitment" is for 501st sandtroopers who want to be accepted into the "elite" Deployed MEPD group. It's got more stringent standards than the 501st have; doesn't allow the "FX" bucket for example. You can have a look at the deployment requirements on the Costume Reference Library if you want to know more about becoming deployed. No worries in posting it there though. ;)

As for the armor, you're lookin' really good!

The pack is good (could be raised up some... sit higher on your shoulders), the armor is assembled well, got a great pauldron, and an awesome lookin' T-21... so you're really pretty ready for the Legion for sure!

The main "critique" I have is I'd say you're a bit too dirty. Since you don't have a GML in your region I'm not sure who will make the final call on giving you acceptance to the 501st, but they may ask you to "tone down" the weathering a bit. Not a big deal if that happens, but let's see what everyone else here has to say! B)

Again, great to finally have you here! :salute:

I agree with what Noel said about the pack. It looks great (I should know, I built it...LOL) but it is sitting a bit too low on your back.

I know I left plenty of strap adjustment on those padded shoulder straps. Just pull them down and tighten them up too raise it higher on your back and you will be good to go there.

You may want to rub down your armor a bit to lighten the weathering as well. If you used acrylics, a damp cloth and some elbow grease should do the trick. You should have more weathering in the cracks, crevices and groves of the armor and less on the flat, raised surfaces.

Don't get discouraged Luis. We have all been were you are and getting your weathering just right is a constant work in progress for most of us. Remember, we are here to help.

You are off to a great start! Congrats on your first Troop and welcome to the MEPD!

Hey gang, let's all remember Luis is the first Star Wars character in his Country and is trying to start a 501st following there on his own. Best of all, he chose THE BEST Star Wars character to emulate for his first set of armor...Sandtrooper!

He should be commended for his efforts and any help we can provide to help him on his journey into the Sand Pit. ;)

Hey gang, let's all remember Luis is the first Star Wars character in his Country and is trying to start a 501st following there on his own. Best of all, he chose THE BEST Star Wars character to emulate for his first set of armor...Sandtrooper!

He should be commended for his efforts and any help we can provide to help him on his journey into the Sand Pit. ;)

ABSOLUTELY!!! :duim:

Yeah, thumps up!

A little less colour (weathering), shins little larger, femurs a bit lower and someday another bucket. But nevertheless at this stage great work, good armour and great field pack!

Welcome on board! Definetly correct decision with your character ;)

Hey Luis,

Again, welcome man!

Great to have you here!!

I moved this thread to the "Imperial Issued Armor" section of the site. The "MEPD Recruitment" is for 501st sandtroopers who want to be accepted into the "elite" Deployed MEPD group. It's got more stringent standards than the 501st have; doesn't allow the "FX" bucket for example. You can have a look at the deployment requirements on the Costume Reference Library if you want to know more about becoming deployed. No worries in posting it there though. ;)

As for the armor, you're lookin' really good!

The pack is good (could be raised up some... sit higher on your shoulders), the armor is assembled well, got a great pauldron, and an awesome lookin' T-21... so you're really pretty ready for the Legion for sure!

The main "critique" I have is I'd say you're a bit too dirty. Since you don't have a GML in your region I'm not sure who will make the final call on giving you acceptance to the 501st, but they may ask you to "tone down" the weathering a bit. Not a big deal if that happens, but let's see what everyone else here has to say! B)

Again, great to finally have you here! :salute:

Thank you Noel for your aid, nice comments and suggestions. The criteria I used for the dirt is as if I'd had spent years in the dunes looking for those **** droids, but haven't found them yet, jajajajajaja!

I wanted to portray thru the weathering a really hostile climate, but it's up to you guys.

As for the shins I didn't touched them at all, it's the thighs I raised due to muscular mass thanks to 24 years of karate, so they don't kill and pinch my leg joints. You should see my forearm-biceps joints they are really bruised up, working in some ideas though for better comfort and movement there.

Really thanks for your support and kind aid!

SMT

Welcome!

i think your shins a bit low and your thighs are a bit high and i would also suggest toning the weathering down a bit the color looks kinda weird to me.

but your armor looks pretty good!

Thanks Jeffry! It's the thighs I raised a little bit for leg bending and movement as for the weathering a could tone down a little bit.

I painted it last Wednesday and as of two days of use some minor peelings and scratches have appeared giving a better look, but no problem in fading it down.

Posted Image

Yeah, thumps up!

A little less colour (weathering), shins little larger, femurs a bit lower and someday another bucket. But nevertheless at this stage great work, good armour and great field pack!

Welcome on board! Definetly correct decision with your character ;)

Thanks Eike! I could lower the thighs, I raised them up so I can have better leg movement. As for the weathering no problem in lowering down. Thanks for you support! Posted Image

I agree with what Noel said about the pack. It looks great (I should know, I built it...LOL) but it is sitting a bit too low on your back.

I know I left plenty of strap adjustment on those padded shoulder straps. Just pull them down and tighten them up too raise it higher on your back and you will be good to go there.

You may want to rub down your armor a bit to lighten the weathering as well. If you used acrylics, a damp cloth and some elbow grease should do the trick. You should have more weathering in the cracks, crevices and groves of the armor and less on the flat, raised surfaces.

Don't get discouraged Luis. We have all been were you are and getting your weathering just right is a constant work in progress for most of us. Remember, we are here to help.

You are off to a great start! Congrats on your first Troop and welcome to the MEPD!

Hey John! No problem with the suggestions as a matter of fact they are all welcome. I need to work on better adjustment in the shoulder bells as well as the forearms, they are killing my joints. The trick is to put my great pack you builded alone, with out any help.

But I guess I will still need help to put it on due to a lot of mass plastic around.

As for the weathering I will tone it down a bit. I painted it with water based acrylics last Wednesday and by manipulation and two days of use some peelings and scratches have started to give it a cool look. Nevertheless I will work the darker orange areas to fade them down, and of course weather more up the pack. Just remember I passed for it at the courier and took it to the Con, jajajajajaja! Now I know how it feels caring it around!

Once again great work and thank you John!

SMTPosted Image

Hey Luis, how are you bro!

First of all: WELCOME to the sandpit. This is the bestest place in the whole universe to find and share all related to TDs, with really really cool people! Hope you feel at home!

As you most likely know, there is a TON of knowledge filed in the threads of this forum. Reading around a lot will help you find about new improvements and upgrades Im sure you will slowly start to want to do to your TD. We all here are armor and prop freaks!! And most of all are really into accuracy. So, this is the perfect place for you to learn all what you will need to take your armor further, and even to share and motivate people in your country to start your new outpost!!

What takes me to the second thing, Congrats on your effort to start the Guatemalan chapter of the 501st!

Being the first one must be difficult, but don`t worry, we are all here to help you and support you! :D

I have studied your armor pictures and I must say that it seems that you put a lot of work and love to that piece of plastic. Congrats bro! We know what it takes to get where you are!

I can only imagine how it can be to be the first one in a whole country to put together a set of white armor. Even with the help you got from lots of people in the 501st, Im sure it was not an easy job (it never is). But also, and probably due to this same reasons, I can detect a few corrections and common mistakes made when assembling the first set or armor.

If you are willing to (and I guess you do), we all can guide you and give you some ideas and pointer to improve your armor look, fit, proportions and even make it more comfortable for trooping.

So, what do you think bro!

This is exciting in many ways!!

And, I feel a cool connection with you, speaking Spanish and being from neighbor countries... also, my first kit was also an FX and I went through a lot of work to finish it, just to find put I wanted to do many mods right away.

I even offer myself to assist you personally if you need any advice or whatever.

So, what do you say bro?

Once more, welcome.

Saludos

PS. I wrote everything in English so that no one is left aside!

Hey Luis, how are you bro!

First of all: WELCOME to the sandpit. This is the bestest place in the whole universe to find and share all related to TDs, with really really cool people! Hope you feel at home!

As you most likely know, there is a TON of knowledge filed in the threads of this forum. Reading around a lot will help you find about new improvements and upgrades Im sure you will slowly start to want to do to your TD. We all here are armor and prop freaks!! And most of all are really into accuracy. So, this is the perfect place for you to learn all what you will need to take your armor further, and even to share and motivate people in your country to start your new outpost!!

What takes me to the second thing, Congrats on your effort to start the Guatemalan chapter of the 501st!

Being the first one must be difficult, but don`t worry, we are all here to help you and support you! :D

I have studied your armor pictures and I must say that it seems that you put a lot of work and love to that piece of plastic. Congrats bro! We know what it takes to get where you are!

I can only imagine how it can be to be the first one in a whole country to put together a set of white armor. Even with the help you got from lots of people in the 501st, Im sure it was not an easy job (it never is). But also, and probably due to this same reasons, I can detect a few corrections and common mistakes made when assembling the first set or armor.

If you are willing to (and I guess you do), we all can guide you and give you some ideas and pointer to improve your armor look, fit, proportions and even make it more comfortable for trooping.

So, what do you think bro!

This is exciting in many ways!!

And, I feel a cool connection with you, speaking Spanish and being from neighbor countries... also, my first kit was also an FX and I went through a lot of work to finish it, just to find put I wanted to do many mods right away.

I even offer myself to assist you personally if you need any advice or whatever.

So, what do you say bro?

Once more, welcome.

Saludos

PS. I wrote everything in English so that no one is left aside!

Que onda guey!!!!! (Mexican slang meaning buddy)

Of course I will need your help. Remember I'm not as tall as you, jajajajajaja. Your blog: mylifeasastormtrooper. was one of the sites that I visited most for armor comfort and movement.

I need help in the shoulder bells, biceps and forearms, as of know they are killing my joints.

My goal is to dress alone without any help from any buddy. As of now alone I can dress everything except for the shoulder bells, biceps and back pack. So you are very welcome to help me out with your experience, by far better than mine.

I will take pics of the armor separated so I can share them here and receive your kind aid. Once I tone it down and adjustments have been made I will wait for my ammo pouches to arrive, and take new pics of everything, and boy will the Sandman rock!!!

Juanito hermano, por supuesto hay un vínculo y mil gracias por toda, toda tu ayuda y tu sincera bienvenida!

SMTPosted Image

Muchas gracias hermano!!

:D

So, yes...

Taking pictures of the every piece of your armor and posting them would be a great way to start.

I can already see a few things you can do, but I would like to see the picts before giving any advice so I can be sure of the situation.

Also, the weathering is a polemic issue in this thread already. LOL!

Dont worry bro, there are a few ways to make it better and they are not too difficult. First thing you can actually start doing is toning it down with a scotch brite scrub. With the green part. Just scrub the paint down slowly and gently until you get organic patterns all around. You want more dirt where it would naturally stay if the armor and sand were real.

Another thing is that the color might be useful for a multilayer multicolor technique. But you can also go the one color multilayer technique which seems to be the most popular recently.

Check this threads, Im sure you will find them helpful.

Multi color:

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=4239

One color (oily approach):

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=7290

About dressing alone, practice makes perfect bro.

I can suit all by myself now, but it took me some time to master it.

Correct fitting and trimming is important, but also to know how to do it.

Dont worry, we will get to that too.

I can only advice again to read a lot of what we have here. This is a real treasure of TD knowledge.

And all what I can advice, can not compare to the collective knowledge and good will you will find here with all the MEPD members, current and past.

So... manos a la obra hermano!

Saludos

PS. I do have one question that might be usefull to know for better understanding what you will need to do to improve the fit...

What maker is your armor, and how tall are you?

Muchas gracias hermano!!

So, yes...

Taking pictures of the every piece of your armor and posting them would be a great way to start.

I can already see a few things you can do, but I would like to see the picts before giving any advice so I can be sure of the situation.

Also, the weathering is a polemic issue in this thread already. LOL!

Dont worry bro, there are a few ways to make it better and they are not too difficult. First thing you can actually start doing is toning it down with a scotch brite scrub. With the green part. Just scrub the paint down slowly and gently until you get organic patterns all around. You want more dirt where it would naturally stay if the armor and sand were real.

Another thing is that the color might be useful for a multilayer multicolor technique. But you can also go the one color multilayer technique which seems to be the most popular recently.

Check this threads, Im sure you will find them helpful.

Multi color:

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=4239

One color (oily approach):

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=7290

About dressing alone, practice makes perfect bro.

I can suit all by myself now, but it took me some time to master it.

Correct fitting and trimming is important, but also to know how to do it.

Dont worry, we will get to that too.

I can only advice again to read a lot of what we have here. This is a real treasure of TD knowledge.

And all what I can advice, can not compare to the collective knowledge and good will you will find here with all the MEPD members, current and past.

So... manos a la obra hermano!

Saludos

PS. I do have one question that might be usefull to know for better understanding what you will need to do to improve the fit...

What maker is your armor, and how tall are you?

Jajajajajajajaja! Me too bro, I love discussions. I work in advertising, and catching attention and making people discuss them are always a winner. So I saw this coming, but didn't mind, Jajajajajajaja.

Yes, I used two tones of waterbed acrylics: Ocre and Brick. I wanted to picture in the weathering that the Gobi Desert, Atacama and Death Valley seem a mickey mouse thing. I wanted a harsh, nasty environment there thru the weathering as well as if I rolled over, got beaten, made it thru, and campaigned many times thru out the weathered I used.

Still the scotch bright sponge along with some alcohol could help me out in fading the darker areas in the plain sections. Gotta be honest too… I love the artwork in the chest, it really looks like a battle one, but could tone down a little bit.

Yes, I will take pictures someday this week, you know that Navidad is a blast and time consuming so I will do things right. Just got notice that my ammo pouches will arrive this week.

Thanks for the support and dedication Juan, great being helped by you. To bad we don't have a Tecate and some tacos to share while we are Sandies at work. Jajajajajajaja!

Just a question: What know do I apply to the Legion or the MEPD? I know I'm still at hold for TD id, but just wondering anyway how it works

SMTPosted Image

Yes...

You work in advertising?

Me too. LOL!!

Anyway.

Dont use alcohol for the paint.

Just scrub it down with a very slightly wet or even dry scotch brite (apenas humeda o practicamente seca). The patterns will remain but in a more organic way. Check the links I posted.

About your Legion and TD id. This is currently discussed by the Legion and Detachment command staff. Don't worry about that right now bro. We will take care of you. In part, that is why we want to be so close to you and help you out perfecting your armor!

Saludos

Yes...

You work in advertising?

Me too. LOL!!

Anyway.

Dont use alcohol for the paint.

Just scrub it down with a very slightly wet or even dry scotch brite (apenas humeda o practicamente seca). The patterns will remain but in a more organic way. Check the links I posted.

About your Legion and TD id. This is currently discussed by the Legion and Detachment command staff. Don't worry about that right now bro. We will take care of you. In part, that is why we want to be so close to you and help you out perfecting your armor!

Saludos

Jajajajajaja! All my life I've been in ad agencies, even had my own one. Now, I do creative direction for 4 tv channels of foreign films from Europe ready to air in Jan. Starting from movies from Spain.

I will do the scotch bright sponge thing just as you say. I can see the picture of how will it end, cool.

So I'll wait for Police discussions about my enlisting.

Un abrazo hermano!

Posted Image

Yeah Noel, last time I was in charge of leading the creative direction for TBWA in my country, now I'm leading creative work for dar TV. Soon in your country and all LATAM you'll view 4 cable channels with movies from Spain, France, Italy and Germany for a start.

So anything you need just ask

How did I miss this one??? maybe its all my holiday hours Im working :(

Anyway, I was going to read the whole thread but Im sure everyone has covered the basics. Great to have you and thank you for stepping up and starting a build in your area.....its great to see our numbers continue to grow. If you need help, just ask....we are here for you man :

Hey Dirty Boy, good to hear from you! Yeah I know the Holidays are time consuming but fun as well.

For a start I'm glad to be here, gonna do some color corrections on the TD as well as slight armor adjustments so you guys could see the difference.

Best regards!

SMTPosted Image

Yeah Noel, last time I was in charge of leading the creative direction for TBWA in my country, now I'm leading creative work for dar TV. Soon in your country and all LATAM you'll view 4 cable channels with movies from Spain, France, Italy and Germany for a start.

So anything you need just ask

So, don't you want to hire me??

Or recommend me for a position in Mexico???

LOL!!

I work for Olabuenaga Chemistri, the local brands agency for Publicis Group, as an Associate Creative Director and currently thinking about looking for a new agency. This vacation I will put together the last version of my reel and start looking around.

;)

Saludos

So, don't you want to hire me??

Or recommend me for a position in Mexico???

LOL!!

I work for Olabuenaga Chemistri, the local brands agency for Publicis Group, as an Associate Creative Director and currently thinking about looking for a new agency. This vacation I will put together the last version of my reel and start looking around.

;)

Saludos

Jajajajajajajaja! Olabuenaga Chemistri is a nice Agency, I could hook you up if you want in TBWA / MEX.

Now if you go Rogue, that would also be a cool way to go and bro I thing you have the juice to do it, you never know.

SMTPosted Image