Small Spanish Pouches

I got my two today and they are great! They are OLD though. One pouch is as hard as a rock but the shape is fine not crushed. I have been doing nightly searches on the origin and use of these pouches and so far I have found out that they were supplied to Italian troops fighting with the Spanish in the Spanish Civil War. I have not found any info about the other two sizes yet but I am still looking.

• 3 weeks later...

I received mine yesterday. They are in really good shape, but had a light coating of white mildew on them. A quick wash with Murphy's soap and they are drying for a couple of days before a coating of leather conditioner. One of them had the remains of a Spanish cigarette box in it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
On 12/10/2010 at 4:00 PM, FIVE said:

I got the small spanish pouches in from ArmySurplusWarehouse.com, and they are awesome!

Here are some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We call that the "small spanish pouch" but it should have another name, something more specific, like, for example "st4 mauser ammo pouch", or something like that, do you know the real name of those pouches (the td pouches)

I also tried to find out about the correct name for that specific pouch but wasn’t lucky to actually find one. Of course you’re right there has to be a correct name for this pouch but at least I can’t be of any further help. 

Interestingly I found my original vintage pouch years ago under the name “spanish ammunition pouch” on eBay!

Anyway since my lucky find I tried to find more in the last few years and beside of one that sold for over 200€ two years ago I sadly wasn’t able to find another one.