Questions.MEPD

FIVE

We are proud and very excited to unveil a new section and resource to the MEPD... called Questions.MEPD (questions dot mepd)

This is an idea who's time has finally come I believe and we have the means to accomplish it. Daetrin called it, "a game changer!" So we have high hopes for it.

The MEPD forums are a great — and continually growing resource — but they are primarily a place for community based discussion. Questions.MEPD, however, is meant to foster quick answers to specific questions without the need for discussion in hopes to help new (and old) members find answers quickly.

One way this is done is through the built in rating system. This system allows users to vote the answers they find most useful to the top of the comments and even mark one response as "the answer" if they like thus making it easy for the next person to quickly see what others have found helpful.

Tags are also an integral part of searching Questions.MEPD and we encourage you to use as many specific, and relevant, tags as possible when posting a question. Remember, using tags which have already been popular will help your question be found more easily in the future.

A few things you should know...

FIRST - you will need to create a new login to the site and start posting. I suggest choosing a username like you have on here just so people won't be confused.

SECOND - if you want an "icon" or "avatar" associated with your comments you can register the email you're using on Questions.MEPD with Gravatar.com... it's free and easy to do... or you can upload one using the profile page you're redirected to after signing up.

THIRD - this is a new idea and so things may not work exactly like we would like! Do not post comments about the new site ON the new site. It IS NOT for discussion of topics such as that. Post feedback/ideas/etc. here if you must. Just know that as the site is used it will become better and better and we'll find out more and more what it should be. There are limitations to it, but that's the point. It's really meant to be a quick "ask and answer" resource.

FOURTH - there is no real way to "follow" a thread, or to "view new posts" on the site. The most recent posts are listed on the bottom, but the best way to find things is to search for them — the search is amazing! You

So login, and start asking questions!! :salute:

Wow, this is really the bees knees. Congrats on creating what will be a real game changer. I remember when forums were cutting edge back when the Legion used to be a Yahoo group, but having site dedicated strictly to Q&A *only* and having the ability to tag items...a new decade indeed.

Well done sir, well done! :salute:

Wow, this is really the bees knees. Congrats on creating what will be a real game changer. I remember when forums were cutting edge back when the Legion used to be a Yahoo group, but having site dedicated strictly to Q&A *only* and having the ability to tag items...a new decade indeed.

Well done sir, well done! :salute:

Thanks Paul! :D

This is pretty cool!

Of course now this means MORE time spent on MEPD.net and less time doing the things I probably should be doing...

Thanks! B)

And, hopefully, in the long run it will mean less time to find answers to what we're wondering.

I already need to use it myself...

Freaking cool work as all ways, your ideas and creative skills seems to have no bounds bro.

Love your style and energy, to the M.E.P.D

Fantastic!!! work my friend, can´t wait to study it more over time :)

What types of armor are listed? I only see a couple.....or am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing something. B)

There aren't "types" of anything listed. That's not the point. The only things that are listed so far under "tags" are things that have been tagged that way.

When you (or anyone) asks a question you choose one broad category, then you simply type in the tags you feel are appropriate.

It's meant to be very searchable and easy to use. Simple to read, and so on.

It's not limiting in other words. So things aren't missing in the sense they're not available... simply in the sense that they've not been talked about yet.

• 4 weeks later...