TK to TD ab plate conversion

Rennoc

Hey everyone

I've been doing some searching and have not been able to find a TK to TD ab plate conversion. I have a TK ab plate that needs to be cut out and a TD needs to be put in its place. I haven't been able to find a post describing how to do this but maybe I just missed one. Any help you guys could give me I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Conner

What armor do you have right now?

On most of the ROTJ tour suit style armor, the box that's molded into the ab section is already the TD box. A TK "button and ridges plate" is usually glued on top. The side vertical row of buttons also changes from 4 small buttons to 3 big ones.

Troopermaster TM sells the 3 vertical buttons. I don't think anyone makes a TD "rectangular box" insert. It wouldn't be hard to scratchbuild it from Styrene or ABS plastic.

I've seen some people sell the TD box on ebay for fairly cheap but I know you've always got to be careful on there. The kit I got is an AM kit but the ab armor has a TK plate with the rides already there. You have to drill into the plate to place the buttons that came with it. Someone else once told me that you have to cut the TK plate out and then place a new TD box over the area you removed and/or sanded down. I was hoping someone might have pictures or a video of that process or detailed steps.

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to finishing this mod today... what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Good job man!

Thanks for the link to the tutorial too. That will come in handy for those needing to do this very thing!