"You don't need a full size pauldron..."

Quartermaster / John needed a custom made pauldron for his son. I normally don't make these because they are actually a lot of work / labor to make. But John needed one for his kid, no one could do it and I couldn't just stand around and do nothing. The kid needs a pauldron, troopers! :)

So I scaled my pattern down 30% and created this mini one for him based off some of his measurements. I left the attachment snap straps the same width as the full size, as I figured it would be handled a lot, and I didn't want to make that part too thin for fear of tearing it.

I built a curve into the pauldron, because even though I used thinner foam, the size wouldn't allow it to "bend" into a curve naturally. So I manually curved it and glued it to shape, then sewed it.

Really pleased with the results, pretty close to screen accurate and it's so cute! I hope he enjoys it.

Patterns cut

Posted Image

Top section black and orange sewn, foam cut.

Posted Image

Main body sewn

Posted Image

Several hours later...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison with my full size version

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that is one amazing looking pauldron!!!!

I can't say enough good things about Terry my fellow Sandies. He really stepped up for me (and my little guy) and knocked this thing out!

Amazing is all I can say!

THANKS again Terry! You are the man! :D :D :D :D