Pack #2 Build "Marmit Pack"

Rudebrook

I'm putting the finishing touches on my pack. I have not yet attached the top seed trays to the bottom ones. I wanted to post pics and get opinions before I lock it down and can't change anything.

I'll attach the mortar tube and do the weathering once I'm confident with construction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried to measure it so it came a little above the upper seed trays. I thought it extended a little high myself. I considered cutting the top right at the couplers and putting on a new top cross brace. But that would almost line up the brace with the upper seed tray. I think I ended up in a "No man's land". I think this happened when I lined up the seed trays, I had too much space between them. I thought only 1/4" between the seed trays and more at the top looked better 3/4" between the trays and a better look at the top.

Does that make sense?

I tried to measure it so it came a little above the upper seed trays. I thought it extended a little high myself. I considered cutting the top right at the couplers and putting on a new top cross brace. But that would almost line up the brace with the upper seed tray. I think I ended up in a "No man's land". I think this happened when I lined up the seed trays, I had too much space between them. I thought only 1/4" between the seed trays and more at the top looked better 3/4" between the trays and a better look at the top.

Does that make sense?

it does....i know on the "Sideshow" trooper its a little higher than what the screen caps show...yours is in that ballpark and the pack looks great. So I wouldnt worry about it unless your one of those "obsessive" types where everything has to be perfect....lol

it does....i know on the "Sideshow" trooper its a little higher than what the screen caps show...yours is in that ballpark and the pack looks great. So I wouldnt worry about it unless your one of those "obsessive" types where everything has to be perfect....lol

I'm definitely not one of those "obsessive" types. That's why I took the pack apart and brought the top brace down 3/4". I also repainted the frame and upper seed tray because the black did not look sharp in the pictures. :)

I used a thick layer of high gloss paint and then clear coated it with a satin style. It looks WAY better now. And since it was all apart, I used Pandatrooper's non-permanent ty-wrap sealing method for the top and bottom seed trays. Pics to follow.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Rick, that pack looks AWESOME! You really did a nice job. Radio fits nicely but the weathering is off a bit.

Are you going to try and match the rest of the pack to what I did on the radio or are you going to change the radio?

Either way, it's gonna look outstanding! Don't think I've seen this one done yet. Kudos my friend.

Rick, that pack looks AWESOME! You really did a nice job. Radio fits nicely but the weathering is off a bit.

Are you going to try and match the rest of the pack to what I did on the radio or are you going to change the radio?

Either way, it's gonna look outstanding! Don't think I've seen this one done yet. Kudos my friend.

I still have to do the weathering. I'm going to try to leave the radio alone as best as possible and match everything else to that. I think it already looks great. I'm also thinking of sound loop ideas for it since I just have to "stick" it in there!