New TD Armor Kit has arrived

Allright troopers. My new TD Armor set came in the mail and I am ready to start assembling it and making my new and improved Sandtrooper outfit! Before I start even though I have assembled several TK/TD/TX armor kits I will double check each piece and take my time in assembly. I am going to make this armor kit fit me nice.

Here is what came in the mail. I am very excited to start.

post-2385-032444400 1286220005_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I started by cutting out the vent holes on the front of the helmet and painted the area grey. Going to try to paint the rest of the grey for the helmet this weekend depending on weather.

I want to get my helmet completed first then I will work on the armor.

I started by cutting out the vent holes on the front of the helmet and painted the area grey. Going to try to paint the rest of the grey for the helmet this weekend depending on weather.

I want to get my helmet completed first then I will work on the armor.

It's amazing how weather can affect your painting schedule! I was working on my pack two weeks ago when downpours soaked the Northeast. Set me back a week.

Definitely get some pics up though! :D

My helmet is all filed out and holes drilled. This weekend going to finish painting the grey areas and black outlines and then I hope to start assembling the helmet. I am going to use a dark green welders shield for my eyes lens. Going flat with the dark green. I hope to have it done this week, I hope. Work has been piling up. :angry:

Today in the mail I got parts to start my backpack as well. :)

Started laying out the backpack with the help from TD4401.

Not all the pieces are shown since I am just laying it out to figure out how I need to proceed on this pack.

I would have gotten more done this weekend if it had not rained.

post-2385-067267100 1287947277_thumb.jpg

Started laying out the backpack with the help from TD4401.

Not all the pieces are shown since I am just laying it out to figure out how I need to proceed on this pack.

I would have gotten more done this weekend if it had not rained.

hey brother switch the wet wipe bottle to the top and the other to the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

hey brother switch the wet wipe bottle to the top and the other to the bottom.

Yep I did that.

Right now I need to finish the large side pipe (mortar) and the smaller side pipe and get them attached with a few more pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to take all the armor out and unwrap it all so I can see what I am up against. All that I can say is WOW!

This armor kit has all the pieces and parts to go Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper. I of course am going Sandtrooper so some pieces and parts will not be used.

This armor kit is NOT like the out-of-date FX armor. This armor kit is much more accurate. It is NOT just glue it together and you are done, no. This armor is made large to fit a variety of sizes of people. Since each piece has extra on it, each and every piece has to be fitted, marked, cut, clean up the edges and then glued together. It is going to take me a long time to do this. I foresee many armor work days with fellow garrison members since much of the fitting and marking cannot be done by ones own self, a second pair of hands will be needed.

Anyways here are few picts of the armor out of the box. Not shown are the two pauldrons that came with the kit. I got a orange and a black one along with an Imperial Logo patch and sticker. All that I can say is the Trooper Supplies has made one nice kit! With various knee plates, hand plates and more you cannot go wrong with this kit.

I look forward to this project and have a new more accurate Sandtrooper outfit than my old FX Sandtrooper outfit.

post-2385-050274400 1289756932_thumb.jpg

post-2385-024470200 1289756940_thumb.jpg

post-2385-082862700 1289756946_thumb.jpg