I Need Advice with My Frame

maj_hassel

I just bought one of the "Alice" pack frames as recommended in a previous post and am not quite sure what modifications should be made to it.

Obviously it needs to be painted black (flat black I presume), but does any additional work need to be done? Are there pieces that should be removed?

I'm trying to build a backpack from scratch that looks as canon as I can get it. I know that the backpack frame is, for the most part, not very visible with all of the boxes hanging off of it, but any glaring non-canon features that would stick out I would probably want to remove, so if anyone could point them out that would be great.

Also--here's a newb question--does the curved part of the frame go at the top or bottom of the frame when worn?

Thanks for any advice given.

For reference's sake, here's the frame I bought:

Posted Image

Hiya Maj_H,

Bein one of the few Sandies with an ALICE Pack Framed Sandpack, lets see if I can help you out...

First up, no mods will be necessary for the frame. It will be used as is, and fully utilizing the existing attachment points for your shoulder straps and kidney belt. The used of the kidney belt would be to protect you butt armor from any major scratchings/'chaffing'.

Point to note, my shoulder straps are 2 pieces with an attachment buckle. This will allow me to slide the upper half 'into/inbetween' my chest plate and ab armor and snap it close with the bottom half. This is done so as to hide the straps from being seen.

Posted Image

If you need any more pics or info, LMK.

Stay safe and good luck!

Tim.

Thanks for the tip!

Alas, my frame came without a kidney belt but I'm sure I can rig something together.

I think I'll follow your steps and put snaps on my straps as well.

Thanks for posting a pic as well, it will help me out when I put mine together.

BTW, is that an anvil-type suitcase mounted on your frame?

Thanks for the tip!

Alas, my frame came without a kidney belt but I'm sure I can rig something together.

I think I'll follow your steps and put snaps on my straps as well.

Thanks for posting a pic as well, it will help me out when I put mine together.

BTW, is that an anvil-type suitcase mounted on your frame?

Maj_H,

My Kidney belt is basically a wide nylon belt I had lying around. The kind some surplus had lot in stock of and very affordable.

As for my two Main Boxes, they're actually cheap plastic DVD cases from local Walmart type store here. Cost me a total of what, $10.00? LOL!

Hope this helps.

Stay safe.

Tim.

If you need any more pics or info, LMK.

Any chance of getting some more photo's? Just thinking about upgrading the pack later and like to see more photo's, especially strap to frame and how it runs under/through your armor...

Thanks