Introduction

Izzy

My name is Damon, I'm a noob and I'm getting ready to start my 1st build, I'd eventually like to do a sandtrooper build and commission here with the rest of you, but I gotta start somewhere. I'm always open to advice and readily welcome it. I also want to meet like minded Starwars fans/make friends and I would be able to assist anybody should they need a second set of hands with a build-God knows I could use the experience. Thanks

Hey Damon!

Welcome to the MEPD... this is the best place on this side of the galaxy to learn about and become a TD! (the other place would be tatooine).

There is lots of info all around, from plastics, references, materials, tutorials and more, to simple friendly chit chat.

I can give you a first advice before you actually start working on your props and armor, and that is: read a lot. Read read read and ask. Check the threads here, read the replys, and check and collect references. They will help you a lot.

All of the info about TDs available as today Thursday, September 22nd 2010 is here. Tomorrow, we might find some new stuff and then all this here will be outdated... ;) Nice hobby huh? :)

So. Feel free to wander around, ask any question at all and we will all be very happy to help you out anyway we can. Chances are that any doubt you may have has already been answered, but if you cant find the answer, just ask!

This is a great place to be, and make friends sharing our passion for white armor, vintage tupperwear lids, wwII pouches and sand!

Welcome to the sandpit.

Saludos.

Juan said it man!

Welcome, and we're here to help when you need it! There's a WEALTH of info already here, you just gotta search for it. And, when you can't find it, post a question and we'll answer or point you in the right direction. :)

I'll echo what Juan said... READ, READ, READ!

Then read some more!

If you really are just starting everything will look the same and one set of advice will seem as good as another. But it won't be long until you'll be wanting to "fix" this or that you did in the first place to be more accurate, or because you know "now" that it should be another way. It's not a bad thing, just all part of the process! :D

Again, welcome! B)

Hey Damon....Welcome to the DIRTY SIDE!!!

What Juan and Nol said are exactly right. We are here to help in any way you need us to. There are tons of brothers and sisters of the MEPD ready to lend a hand. Your coming in with the right mindset....helping out and ready to learn.

Take your time and enjoy the process. With some research and time spent building, you too can be a "Deployed" member of the MEPD.

You will find the MEPD to be a lot different than most other detachments. We are an "EGO FREE" zone....lol

Let us know when we can help :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Damon

Be sure to hook up with the Central California garrison of the 501st. Great bunch of troopers there. Also, dont be shy to pop in and say hi at the Golden Gate Garrison (NorCal) as well!

Also, i would recommend setting up your account over at whitearmor.net as well. That is the site for normal stormtroopers and there is much good build advice available there as well!