Private - Black Pauldron TD breakdown

pandatrooper

• 3 months later...

Sorry guys I opened another topic about this, but I notice the presence of drop boxes in the desert scene on the black pauldron sandtroopers.

The left one has the binocular hanging from the neck.

Posted Image

I am using this pics as reference.

Looks like the black pauldron Corporal has the MP40 pouches on the shoulder and on the right side and a DLT-19

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

is it that right? what do you think about? :) It could be insert in the Black Pauldron breakdown list?

• 2 weeks later...

It is very difficult to see.

I think he has the canvas MP38/40 pouch on the shoulder... but then again, thats a big "I think".

I would have to search my references to find a more clear shot of that trooper behind the scenes if possible. But I dont think we will find any definite proof.

Do you have any other reason to think it is a leater MP40 pouch other than what we can see in those pictures?

I love this part of the hobby, researching and discussing is as fun as building or wearing armor.

:)

Saludos

If you check in motion is better than try to discover something in these stills.

I am not sure about the material if leather or canvas, but I can say that the guy over there has the shoulder pouche and the DLT-19.And I haven't seen this combination in the other sandtroopers.

Anyway this is could be fertile ground for a good discussion.

I'll check on the BluRay version :duim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ruggero, the link is broken cause many times Rolf just downloads his pictures.

Never mind, it was the diagram he drew to show the cinfiguration of this (and all) trooper.

The diagram made by Pandatrooper is a very good reference, bases on Rolf's.

Follow that to have a better idea/comprehension of all versions of TDs seen on screen, but, some of this diagrams are running outdated cause of new discoveries made by members here everyday. Just follow them as guidelines and not as law and you will be fine.

If you have any question on any specific trooper, feel free to post.

Saludos

Juan

agreed,they are great diagrams but if you think you see anything different post on here for

us all to see as you maybe right.

the fact is there are so many different combinations with the "behind the scenes" pics that

it would be so hard for them to print everthing! :thumbsup:

okaaaay!

out of all the troopers you could pick,you choose that one!lol

i dont know of any better pics myself,unless someones aware of him in another scene.

the hard thing for S.W.A.T. would be knowing what pack it is and i suppose theres no weathering pics.

i would wait for maybe rolf to chime in,hes your reference man! :thumbsup:

okaaaay!

out of all the troopers you could pick,you choose that one!lol

i dont know of any better pics myself,unless someones aware of him in another scene.

the hard thing for S.W.A.T. would be knowing what pack it is and i suppose theres no weathering pics.

i would wait for maybe rolf to chime in,hes your reference man! :thumbsup:

I Like This

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

A lot of insight here and also a lot to take in as well. I am also going with a sandy with a black shoulder pauldrin and an e11. Thanks for all of the time and research that has gone into this thus far.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Please excuse the mega post- but I have a proposed configuration for the Roadblock Private with the RT-97C and cheese grater handplates, and am fairly confident that I have it all mapped out properly.

Load Out as follows:

RT-97C
Pack #1
Black Pauldron
Leather MP 38/40 Shoulder Pouch (no tool kit)
Roadblock Pouch on Right Hip
Small Spanish Pouch on Left Hip
**Cheese Grater Handplates***

Here you can see the trooper on the right is our man- you can just make out the tiny SSP on his left hip.
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4968.jpg

Here is his now second from the left- Roadblock pouch on right hip visible
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4974.jpg

Cheese Graters now visible
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4977.jpg

Now head on- Note the handplates switch from Cheese Grater to standard. But this is a continuity error, and not the only one.
In the below mapped out pix the trooper in question (and in the pic just above this) you can see that our trooper in question has a VERY low brow on his bucket- vs the head-on below shot.
So we've got a case of "pile up the costumes and then refit with whatever for the next shot" or something, because also looking at the original two black pauldron troopers on the left side at the START of the scene (frame 100/180), neither of them have a brow as high as the two black pauldron troopers on either side of C-3p0 in the below shot. So we've got at least two buckets that have been swapped in addition to the disappearing cheese graters.

*** sorry to muddy the waters here, I'm not trying to. I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies between the initial roadblock scene and the close up shot of the "Move Along" captain and his team behind***

The Captain who is standing right next to our chappy in question is behind the SE orange droid walking through the scene.
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4998.jpg

To show continuity with this trooper I have mapped out the entire path of the proposed trooper, scene by scene:

Sorry for the size, but there is a LOT going on in this shot.

0FN3g6z.jpg?1

Sorry to post over the top of myself, but weirdly, it appears that our chap in question has his right bicep either cut in an upward scoop on the outside edge, or is wearing it backward.  
Reference frames 114 & 116 above. Look at the upward arc of the lower outside edge of his bicep plate.  That can't be normal, right? ;)

• 3 months later...

Nice work on mapping out the scene. I have been working on the enlisted/private/corporal with the DLT-19 and no pouches.  I have run into the same problem as P3laton3, very few shots of him and the few I have found seem to have him with different armor pieces and weathering.  If SWAT is to be obtained I may not be able to use this configuration. 

Asher. 

hczuHAy.jpgAMe4LVa.jpg Found A couple Pics to add of the trooper with the DLT-19 in black pauldron in different chest pieces for

sure 

Edited by Asher
added pics

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, Knockerbot said:

I wonder with the change in helmets if it means I can choose if I want to have the low brow or high when I go for SWAT eventually with that trooper Badbatch lol

As long as you can find a still from the movie that shows the setup  you want, it is SWAT approve-able 

• 1 year later...