How to: Weather your ARMOR in the "Oily / dirt" style

pandatrooper

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very Good Weathering Tutorials. Thanks so much for this Post it will help when I start weathering My Armor for sure. It also helps me to feel alot less intimidated after watching your video. I actually feel like even I could do a half way decent job weathering with this type of video to guide me. :salute:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This has got me so excited to get to work on my MEPD armor! I'm just getting started with the Dune Sea Garrison in Phoenix, AZ. This is something I've wanted to do for years now, ever since I saw such realistic looking troops in parades. Then when I started working with mentally disabled children, I saw how delighted they were when the, "Star Wars guys" would come around.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts from ASU and am a painter, so I already have a lot of these supplies. Thank you for making these videos to provide some tips. Now I know that I can avoid what I thought I was going to do, which was actually use real dirt and maybe wood stain to get that armor fit to march in. Like I said, I can't wait to get my armor and to sit down and make it look like it just came off a set. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hello! I am excitedly working on my TD armor and I love this tutorial. I just wanted to know if this method is "MEPD and S.W.A.T." approved.

The standards set in the CRL are a little vague "Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed." so I wanted to confirm that using just the materials/paints you used would be acceptable. The reason I ask is becasue I have seen people make reference to using actual sand and or other materials that provide grit and texture above and beyond sponged paint.

I just want to do things right the first time is why I ask. Thank you again for the tutorials!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...