Here is the kit I bought

kf990

My buddy bought one.

Posted Image

Got it quick enough. Thin in some places, but I renforced it with brushed on 2-part epoxy. Not for the 1st time builder. Doesnt go together as easy as an AP for sure. No directions, stickers, lenses, trim, Need a good working knowledge of the TD suit before building this one, but they turn out pretty good.

Maker of things has been identified on FISD as a known recaster of TE2.

Yes, that is true.

Of course "we" — the command staff, Legion officers, etc. —  can't stop people from ordering from anyone they want to. But "Maker of Things" is on the "black list" of many people.

(I actually didn't catch that's who this was a link to at first.)

In my humble opinion the best place to start in your armor buying is this thread on the FISD. And there's my "Armor 101" too; which warns strongly against getting anything from "the 'Bay." That was why I asked to let us know about service, etc. 90% of stories I hear about people ordering from "the 'Bay" turn out bad. So I'm glad you didn't have that experience Ken!

That all being said Ken, your armor looks great and you did a smash up job! :duim:

So, at this point for sure, I wouldn't worry about the "politics" of it all and just enjoy your armor.

And... THAT being said... for others reading this thread, now you have the "whole story."

Or, at least most of it. B)

Interesting.I bought my armor from Troopersupplies on the Bay.It is my TK armor-no helmet (I had a MR CE) So I guess my TK is Armormaster.I got a good deal on it and am verry happy with it, it came trimmed and ready to assemble.I wore it on the Today show last Halloween.I am kicking around selling it cuz I don't wear it much,prefer the dirty stuff.You guys know what I mean.

Yes, that is true.

Of course "we" — the command staff, Legion officers, etc. —  can't stop people from ordering from anyone they want to. But "Maker of Things" is on the "black list" of many people.

(I actually didn't catch that's who this was a link to at first.)

In my humble opinion the best place to start in your armor buying is this thread on the FISD. And there's my "Armor 101" too; which warns strongly against getting anything from "the 'Bay." That was why I asked to let us know about service, etc. 90% of stories I hear about people ordering from "the 'Bay" turn out bad. So I'm glad you didn't have that experience Ken!

That all being said Ken, your armor looks great and you did a smash up job! :duim:

So, at this point for sure, I wouldn't worry about the "politics" of it all and just enjoy your armor.

And... THAT being said... for others reading this thread, now you have the "whole story."

Or, at least most of it. B)

Well summarized, thank you Noel. :)

Ken, my intention was not to make you feel bad about your armor or anything like that. Your armor looks good and is affordable. I think we need to do our job as members in the community to help people get a better understanding of where armor comes from and the history (which can get foggy and political, etc.).

The legion stance on recasting is that they don't condone it, but they also can't stop people from doing it or buying it. I don't want to turn this thread into a recasting debate, but I do think it's important that people should have an understanding of what they're buying, who they're buying from and the quality and service they should expect. I see people getting ripped on Ebay, paying 4X the value of FX armor, and it's not even real FX! That's not right, and doesn't help the community in the long run.

Making good informed choices going forward only helps people in the long run to elevate quality and lower price gouging.

*BTW: Ken, don't worry - my first armor that I got when I didn't know much about the Legion or FISD or recasting - was also a recast (gasp!). I've since learned more and moved on. Just use the armor and enjoy it, don't stress over it. :)

Thanks T.

Thanks for that info i am still learning all this but I only got it for the price yeah it didn't go together to easy and with this being my very first project of this kind I guess I was lucky it turned out like it did I woul prefer to buy one precut. But now that I know what I do my next armor set will be off one of the boards.

Yeah it's a very helpful and friendly community and don't worry I don't feel bad by any of the comments like I said I don't have a lot of money and I have never done anything like this before so I couldn't justify paying a lot and the messing it up and being out so now that I have my first set under my belt I can on my next set spend a little more