ORIGINAL ANH ARMOR FOUND!

kenthork

just look on this!!

very interresting pics!!

what i don't understand is that's a TD ab plate... for a TK armor...

it seems that the black parts paint is probably a bad turn of the owners since the last 30 years...

enjoy!

http://www.thepropblog.com/2010/09/14/newly-found-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-stormtrooper-suit-helmet-surfaces/

WOW!!

Its is great to see that new armor is still being discovered.

About the ab plate...

Well, I think it could be that, since this are all just pieces and not a full armor, it could be that the person that owned it, just gather discarded pieces from the set. One here and one there.

I mean, the ab is clearly a TD, the belt is from a TK... and the bucket, for me it looks like it was never screen used. It is not finished.

So maybe, this was all just a bunch of trash that some guy found and kept for himself. So it would make it doesnt match as a full suit of armor.

Anyway, this is a Great discovery.

Wish someday I could go to some relative storage and found they had an original armor just there in a box...

LOL!!

Saludos.

WOW!!!! What I think is really cool aside from the obvious is the tape marks on the inside....basically confirms that all the suits were held on by gaffers tape :) got to love it....great find

Yes!!!

Thats true!

It gives us new insights on how they were put together... rivets, elastic, wire, and gaffer's tape.

Need to take a week of from work and start working on my armor again!

Saludos

Thanks for the site, pics and knowledge there my friend.

Just too cool, to see a screen used Sandtrooper suit found :blink::peace:

Maybe i should hop and jump on my TE2 suit here, spray paint it, scratch it, gaffa tape it up, rip it off again here and there... let glue pop up all over, cracks etc and it will look like this one here :P

I guess most of you have seen this one too:

http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/gcl2g5/LFL%20Photos/

cool you like this discovery :)

what i don't really understand that it is show as a TK armor (title and first picture with the holster) and i really sure it is TD (ab plate of TD + 3 bottoms, and look there is again the canvas shoulder strap at not shoulders serrated parts as TK)

like said Juan it is probably a mix of parts find here end here, but not really one entire suit.

also the armor parts fixation together is different from the other recents pics found about TK that i could see on FISD.

again many misteries!

These are all clear indications that these pieces are as real as it gets.

dunno what this guy is on...but..as we all wear recreated armour, how easy would it be for someone to pass it off as the real deal.

besides if someone bought old SW armour for $233,000 it would have made the news in the south pole, let alone the rest of the planet

if it is real,,,thats great,,,but cmon, its plastic and its 33 yrs old,and my old AP is extremely brittle and its only4 1/2 yrs old... im more than a lil dubious that not one person has ever known about this...sounds atad dodgy to me

how many of us use screen grabs to get our armour spot on???

yeah, i know what you mean but if i´m not mistaken the auction house who bought these bag of old plastic might be the Propstore of London and they do their homework before buying stuff like that.

i know that this armor and helmet have been discussed in expert circles for more than a month now and i´m sure there will come more information on this if the time is right.

of course i really don´t know if this is legit or not but IMHO this looks really close to the screenused stuff with details that haven´t been shown publicly untill now.

• 3 weeks later...

The armour could be from one of these behind Vader.

Posted Image

The armour started life as a Sandtrooper for sure, but even though we cannot see any ribbed shoulder straps in any of the photos, we can see rivets which suggest they were there to hold the shoulder straps onto the chest.

The strapping is the same as any other screen used armour, with the exception of repair work which is what might be throwing you off.

The belt could be from any trooper. We know the actors grabbed what they could when filming began so the belt could have come from anywhere. It is nice to see that this belt is identified on screen and maybe this is the same armour. We do not see it from the from so it is possibly the same armour.

There is no doubt in my mind that armour and helmet is 100% the real deal. I just hope it is not hidden away and we get to see more of it. This is truly a great find and hopefully the owner will show us more.

• 4 weeks later...

Links don't work... I'd love to see some photos of this new find, as I've been away for a while and come back to find that a suit was found... If anyone has a copy of all the photos or any other links to be shared, I'd love to see!

I'm saving every one of those pics to my computer... fantastic find man!!!

Aren't you thankful for me. :D

post-2020-077246600 1288666668_thumb.jpg

post-2020-014307500 1288666670_thumb.jpg

post-2020-082409000 1288666671_thumb.jpg

post-2020-090005900 1288666673_thumb.jpg

post-2020-092558900 1288666675_thumb.jpg

post-2020-022700600 1288666677_thumb.jpg

post-2020-070960600 1288666678_thumb.jpg

post-2020-017494100 1288666680_thumb.jpg

post-2020-070883500 1288666681_thumb.jpg

post-2020-038280000 1288666696_thumb.jpg

post-2020-059952900 1288666699_thumb.jpg