Captain - Orange Pauldron TD breakdown

pandatrooper

Thanks...got on the ATA waiting list last week...will be sending payment for my lid tomorrow and start piecing together my rig over the next few months. I may post pics of my bucket build but there will be a lot of time between that and my armor build. Lol

The ATA bucket is a good choice for sure, mate.

Yeah, post some pics of the WIP of your new lid and armour...

• 2 weeks later...

So in my process of trying to figure out which trooper to do on my road to SWAT I noticed something about the Capt. ranked pauldrons. Most that I have seen have the "coffee" stain. If you look close you'll see the same spot on both pauldrons.

post-5343-0-21510700-1359901496_thumb.jp

Yes both the 2 orange Pauldrons that were used in filming had the small spot on them. It has been summised that this was possibly residue from a sticker which discoloured when the weathering was applied. It is not seen on the white or black Pauldrons.

Nick

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this thread, it has been such a valuable resource that I keep coming back to during my build.

I do have a question, though. I'm trying to replicate the Roadblock Captain v2, but it seems that the trooper in the film (off to the right in the shot below) has cheese grater handplates as opposed to the standard hand plates listed in this reference post. Am I looking at the right trooper? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something which is of course totally possible. :P

2wqx2e8.jpg

• 2 months later...

Great reference but I have a question as I'm planning my TD build and slowly ordering all the gear. I'm going with the orange paldron and love the look of the filter pack. I have a DLT19 coming from Diamond State Props but my question is on the pouches I want to have both side mp40 pouches and the shoulder pouch. But don't see the filter pack combo with those pouches. I'm not trying to duplicate a screen char but would that gear combination be a issue for approval as a TD?

Thanks Christina

Great reference but I have a question as I'm planning my TD build and slowly ordering all the gear. I'm going with the orange paldron and love the look of the filter pack. I have a DLT19 coming from Diamond State Props but my question is on the pouches I want to have both side mp40 pouches and the shoulder pouch. But don't see the filter pack combo with those pouches. I'm not trying to duplicate a screen char but would that gear combination be a issue for approval as a TD?

Thanks Christina

The items required for basic approval are listed on the CRL page > http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

The are all in black text.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, johaneggink said:

Hi,

I see more pauldrons with stitched lines in the colour like in R1.

Are these allowed for a level 1 approval? 

Cheers,

Johan

Can you give an example of what you are asking?  A photo link?

Hey Johan,

You need a pauldron as can be seen in ANH. These pauldrons don't qualify for approval.

And if they'd be approvable then they would only be approvable for the R1 sandtrooper but we don't have a CRL for that specific armor as we speak.

I hope this helps.

:salute: