My new CAP-W Helmet

jedi5150

Got this kit in a trade, just finished weathering it and installing fans and padding tonight. It's now troop-ready! I screwed up when I glued the left lense in (right as looking at the helmet), the glue was too hot and warped the plastic. :(

Anyway, I think it's a great upgrade from my MRCE lid!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good! I wish I got stormtrooper helmets in trade!

The only thing I would suggest is adding a black outline around the ear piece (grey section) and adding a vertical rank line if you want to. I'd also try and define the vocoder black area a bit, so that it looks like separate lines with round ends.

Again, just suggestions if you want to take it that extra step. :)

Warped the lens plastic?

Just get a new lens.

Looks great though! Awesome bucket! B)

Nope, warped the helmet plastic, thus the slight "baggy" look under the left eye. :(

Looks good! I wish I got stormtrooper helmets in trade!

The only thing I would suggest is adding a black outline around the ear piece (grey section) and adding a vertical rank line if you want to. I'd also try and define the vocoder black area a bit, so that it looks like separate lines with round ends.

Again, just suggestions if you want to take it that extra step. :)

Yeah, I'm actually going to have my wife do the black line around the ear piece, she has a much steadier hand than I do. And I'm not happy with the vocoder area, gonna try to clean it up.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming! :)

Thanks guys!

The weathering is a combination of craft paint and model railroad "dirt". First time I've used the model railroad dirt for this (I used to dabble in model railroading so I've used it there)... I must say I like the result. Now to add it to the rest of my armor!

I think all had been said already,thats a great assembled bucket and excellent job on the weathering B)

Maybe for future upgrade,you can change the neck trim,it looks too wide a bit,but thats only a minor thing,no one will notice while you troop with it.

Goodluck on replacing the lens,and be carefull :salute: ride on

Nope, warped the helmet plastic, thus the slight "baggy" look under the left eye. :(

I can hardly tell man.

Plus, it's a SANDY... so unless you're going for prop-forgery it's all good. It's what makes it "yours." B)

Model railroad dirt.....very interesting. do you have a link from where you get it? other troopers may want to give it a shot :)

Sure thing! I used the Woodland Scenics "Earth Blend" turf. I bought it at my local hobbytown USA.

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/vegetation/blended-turf-earth

One bag looks like plenty to do a full set of armor. One thing, I noticed a hint of green particles in it, you may want to go with just "earth" instead of "earth blend", although my local shop didn't have a large bag of it.

I just dusted it on where I wanted it (it's a ground foam type product) then "glued" it to my armor with hair spray.

Maybe for future upgrade,you can change the neck trim,it looks too wide a bit,but thats only a minor thing,no one will notice while you troop with it.

I thought it looked too wide as well. It's what came with the kit. Anybody have a link to the accurate stuff?