TD3306

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this thead

As for my TKID (TI-1387)...

I wanted 13 in it, due to the unlucky factor...

and then the 87 is an unlucky number in cricket for the batter to score... I used to play a fair bit (does everyone know what cricket is??!?)

All of the numbers that had some meaning to me (such as birtdays and what not) were already taken so on a whim I decided to go with my bank account pin number. It was like fourth on the list of numbers that I gave on my application and I never would have thought that it would get chosen. After I got my TK ID, I ended up changing my pin.

I´m born 06-08-73.

So it has nothing to do whit that.

I join 501st in 2001.

And i was thinking about the only tk number in the movie, come in tk 421.

I try to get that, but it was all ready taken.

I remember i like the number whit 3 numbers in, like 501 and 421 (sounds cool i think).

501 because its us, and 421 because of the movie.

I remember i was thinking, it could be nice to have a number around 421.

So i was one of he´s buddys.

So i was thinking, what is the half of 501... Hmm 250,5.

I took the tk 252, because i like the one, two, one two sound of it (like in a band practice).

And that people can see that i join 501st early etc.

Well thats me TK/TD 252

• 1 month later...

I joined the Legion when i was in Iraq the first time. So my Garrison CO just assigned me an ID to make it easy. Now my ID has meaning to me because it will always and forever be my TD ID.

I started a similar theard on the garrison I will be moving to soon. I thought long and hard about my ID# since it would be with me as long as I was a member. I tried a few movie numbers but they were all gone.

In Feb 2002 I was deployed to Ahganistan in Support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The very first combat sortie I flew was to rescue several heavily injured Anti-Taliban fighters. We flew several hours through hostal territory to get to them, we were able to get them to the US hospital, and they all survived. It was one **** of a night, one I wont forget anytime soon. The aircraft I flew on that night was 4995. So it was first on my list of choices and now that is my number.

• 2 weeks later...

well im not a member yet, but i do have a list of numbers and the meanings behind them. as for my forum name, it is actually the combination of the names of 2 RPG characters.

on 'The Gungan Council' forums, i play as Nade Roskk, and some time ago, i was on a Matrix forum and played 'Xero' who was once sub-commander of a large portion of the machine armies, but was repaired by a Zion character, and ended up joining the Zionists, but was later killed during the fourth siege of Zion city, while assisting Neo with the defeat of the 7 marauders (super-sentinels that are about the size of small capital ships, named after the seven ultimate sins: greed, sloth hate, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony).

also of note is the fact that i wouldn't be at all surprised if all the numbers on the list are already taken at the time my armor actually is presentable (as opposed to finished, because i think armor is like 'transition'; never fully finished, just drifting ever onwards to a state of 'more complete than before' )

1037 - the word 'Jedi', converted to numbers, reversed, and upside down

1395 - IMPS, short for imperials, converted to numbers

6248 - my SS number, with the zero's and odd numbers taken out (i dare you to try cracking what my real SS is )

1085 / 1185 - derivations of my birthday D/M/Y, reduced to 4 letters

2132 - taken from a star wars rpg character of mine, ARC 2132 (aka 'Kaybar') on 'The Gungan Council' forums

321 - counting in reverse, and also close to '421'

2107/ 1270/2170 - anagrams of Sev's republic commando designation

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207[/url]

It took me so long to get my ID#, that all of the numbers I wanted were snatched as I waited. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I picked significant Bible verses for my number. I really wanted 2221, which is the last verse in Revelation.

I ended up going with 2 Samuel 22:43 "Then I pulverized them as the dust of the earth; I crushed and stamped them as the mire of the streets." I thought it was just a brutal verse.

TD-2243

It took me so long to get my ID#, that all of the numbers I wanted were snatched as I waited. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I picked significant Bible verses for my number. I really wanted 2221, which is the last verse in Revelation.

I ended up going with 2 Samuel 22:43 "Then I pulverized them as the dust of the earth; I crushed and stamped them as the mire of the streets." I thought it was just a brutal verse.

TD-2243

Nothing like the wrath of god to say "you are going to get the smack down from this trooper". I like it a lot.

Don't have a TD# yet

When I played Battlefield 1942 I had the name "KarmaGun" - as in once I sight ya, Boom! prepare to meet your maker and explain all the bad things you've done. When I switched to BF2 someone else had taken my screen name. At the time I was working on a project called "Blind Tiger" and al ot of the name combos I'd entered were being bounced back, so I typed in KarmaTiger and it stuck.

Then my clan decided it meant much the same as my old nick, but implied use of stealth, tracking, tooth, and claw in place of the gun.

edit: BTW, is there a central registry where we can look up what #s are taken? If/when I become a full TD, I've a number in mind and want to see if it's available.

odd - the one I was after comes up as "classified record", Garrison Tyranus.

If I remember right, classified record means that the person is inactive, but still retains their number, although this makes no sense in the case of TK-0001... Take a look, there is one classified record and one that belongs to someone from Florida Garrison. What Seth said about numbers being eternal is true "from a certain point of view." It is possible to be stripped of your TK-ID if you do something really bad or are a total *******. It takes a 2/3 majority vote of the Legion Council after hearing all sides of the story. I only know about this actually happening to a handful of people though.