TD ID #

TD3306

ive been in the 501st for like 5 years and i have helped 100's of troopers join and get armor and what not, but one of the most interesting parts of the club, for a club that is based off of "clones" and "uniformity" is that we get to pick our ID #'s and i would say 99% of the troopers have a special meaning behind that #.

for example im TD3306 and 3306 is my paramedic badge # in EMS

whats your story?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's start with my posting name - Motman241 A friend was being goofy, and started saying lots of key words backwords: "At krow (work backwords) today, they had me empty the shart (trash backwards)." That's where Mot comes from (Tom, backwards). So, he still calls me Motty, Mot, or the Motman. When I registerd with AOL or something, the name Motman was already taken, so I had to play the game of adding numbers. I chose 241, because it was like pizzas used to be - two for one.

That was all before I was in the 501st. When I joined, 241 was taken. So, I went with something my mom has done. When talking to us as kids, or writing something real quick, she'll put "142" at the end. That's the number of letters to spell out "I love ya".

Well, my story isn't as interesting as yours. I picked the 11 for the first two numbers just because it has a nice ring to it. Such as 1138. The second half of it 49 I picked because I tend to watch a lot of older films and some of my favorites came out of the 40's. 49 is just one that wasn't taken. Exciting huh? Aren't you glad you asked?

for example im TD3306 and 3306 is my paramedic badge # in EMS

whats your story?

Mine is like yours, I an Animal Control Officer and my P # is already taken 295, so I went with my call sign, 9605. TI-9605 My posting name is because I have doberman that are red.

Got mine cuz Joyce, the Legion Data Droid, screwd up the data base and double issued the number... The real pisser is that it was 4 months into my term as CO of the NCA GGG before she emailed me that the guy that had been given the number 1st and never showed up of any events was upset and wanted me to change my TK number! I had just paid for buisness cards too!

Actually, for the most part it Scott Hawkins who had double issued stuff or more accurately failed to log numbers when he did issue them. So we had some very simple things like the Yahoo group membership database and I believe also a spread sheet. Things just came to a head as we started getting thing orgnized via a database.

Joyce and her team used the old items we inherited from Scott Hawkins when he quit as Legion CO and then tried to kill the club by deleteing the club Yahoo groups. When the then set up the database and did the initial data entry, they could only log what had been entered by Scott. If Scott had not entered a number, it didn't get entered as "taken". So there were a number of entries the folks, like yourself had assigned, but the Legion (as club) had no written record of. Then when the automated system for new memberships was up and running, some new person picked the same number and their membership was approved using it.

Unfortunately, this made for "double entires" like yours and we still stumble accross them from time to time. I am very sorry if this is what had happened to you and we hope that by using the database and have a pretty rigourous membership approval process similar things won't happen in the future.

Again, I do appolgize and I just ask that folks don't "shoot the messenger" where Joyce is concerned. She (when she was the Legion Membership Officer) was just trying to "fix" problems that happend due to hour previously haphazard way of assinging TK ID numbers.

Tim

TK-1066

50st Legion CO

My TK ID storry is not so problematic as Mark's. I first tried to use my birthday, June 10 or TK-610, but it was taken. I then pondered for a while and came up with TK-1066. One of my other long time hobbies is the SCA (a pseudo Medieval Group) and 1066 AD is when the battle of Hastings took place.

So it gives a bit of a nod to my other passion for history and it has a pretty good ring to it.

Tim

TK-1066

501st Legion CO

right on, it's amazing how many of our members are members of other costuming groups as well. it truly is a feverish passion. I've got alot of ex-army buddies who were SCA members, but I'd like to poke my nose into the old roman legion re-enactment groups sometime. come to think of it, ain't old sarge oberon a member of the 14th legion?

• 2 weeks later...

13 has always been my number. My hockey jersey number, the rental key tag on my keyring, my SCA fighter's authorization card number, etc etc.

Plus, I figure if I go ahead and take the "jinx" number, someone else won't have to suffer with all the bad luck.

oh yeah....I also own a black cat, so that superstition's hooey too.