Unidentfied Roadblock pouch repro project results

Is it just me or this guy wearing the wrong side of his forearm? :wacko: nevermind,another topicPosted Imageonto the pouch :P

Posted Image

For me maybe its too deep,notice the gap between the bottom button to the flap(??). I dont know,but maybe the one on the screen cap the flap(??) more tucked down.

Another one,maybe because it was 'crunched' the top button doesn't looked dead center but lean towards the top.

Dont know how to explain it better but i hope you understand

Is there anyone had better screen cap?

Roger? :PB)

I'm not using this one single pic I am using my frame by frame function on the DVD player and the canvas belt is 3 1/2" wide and we know this and the pouch clearly is wider than the belt so 4 1/8" seems right to me. and as for the tapered side of the pouch sure you cant see it in the pic so go watch the roadblock scene and slow-mo the scene. I see it tapering. The strap was too short before now it's too long, I am leaving it and you can trim it to the length you see fit. Remember I am not making these myself just working on the design then handing it off to the maker.

I would suggest if it looks off to anyone use the info and make a paper mock-up then hold it to your waist and belt. Being made from paper it is just straight and has no character but transposed in leather it will have the bends and look of the real pouch.

Woody

Ok no problem bro, i try to help, i know it is difficult to replicate an ammo pouch seen a few second... on the screen with bad image from 1977.

all comments can help you many more i think.

i say just my point of view.

i find this picture for the side.

i tried upgrade it with photoshop for a better view.

what did you think?

Posted Image

Thanks for the photo, see the side seems to taper in. I have alot of leather ammo pouches for my tusken and Jawa stuff and most taper in as if to fit pointed bullets better so I applied that thought to the pouch. Anyway I paid for the development of the first pouch and now this one so I am staying with this design for my pouch.

By no means do I hold any dominion over this pouch and any and all are free to take my findings and contact him to alter them any way you see fit to get a pouch to your liking. I was just trying to help get a source for the pouch

out in the open and since JMleather is a friend of mine sending all the work I could his way was a given.

I hope you guys will buy a pouch from him and help him out.

The reference for the pouch is so limited that making a solid be-all-end-all decision on the details is hard.

Thanks for all the comments and help. Woody

I have a "cheesegrater" but being from an AM kit,which comes with TS plates,standard and cheesegraters, all of the handplates are very large compared to other kits so a comparison is hard there.

He is making my pouch right now so I will have them all soon to see.

i think the jmleather pouch is very nice and well made bro......personally,i think it just needs battering up a bit then they will be harder to tell apart!

when i got my 2 leather mp-40 pouches i stood on em to wear them,but the leather is so thick,it didn't touch them!!!!,so i took the studs off them and drove over them a couple of times with my car to "soften them up "..... worked a treat!!! ;):P

It looks very much like an altered Japanese Arisaka ammo pouch. The MP-40 pouches were altered so it is fair to assume there were other altered pouches as well, Look here:

http://www.reww2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_21&products_id=171

And for other good photos look here:

http://members.shaw.ca/ursacki/t30pix.htm

Scroll down for photos of pouches. :)

It looks very much like an altered Japanese Arisaka ammo pouch. The MP-40 pouches were altered so it is fair to assume there were other altered pouches as well, Look here:

http://www.reww2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_21&products_id=171

And for other good photos look here:

http://members.shaw.ca/ursacki/t30pix.htm

Scroll down for photos of pouches. :)

This pouch was actually one of the versions i was going to cut and rework to be more accurate.

Here's the link to the finished pouch...http://www.etsy.com/listing/54727382/trooper-costume-leather-pouch-4

The closure strap is left long to be trimmed to your personal liking.

And the pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now that looks sweet!!! whats he looking to get for these?

• 1 month later...