Unidentfied Roadblock pouch repro project results

I set out to have JMLeather recreate all the pouches for me and the unknown box shaped one is done. I used the width of the belt and the pitcher lid to judge the size of it. It may not be the real thing,which remains unknown, but I think he has done a great job. I still dont have any of the pouches he's done for me in hand yet as he's still doing the rest but I should have them next week maybe. Here are some pics to look at.

The real pouch

Posted Image

Here's the reproduction

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the site link

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54727382/trooper-costume-leather-pouch-4

lol...you are a madman....i think so....i just dropped a ton of money on my next project. plus im still looking for a an AP helmet....maybe i'll build a pack for someone to help fund all these things ive got going on :)

Nice find!!

He did quite a good job,though maybe i'll mod the loop on the back a little so it will 'sticking out'/visible,wish he had pics in 2 meter distance too

I wonder who he is,looks like his knowledge about pouches for sand trooper was not common

nice pouch for sure.

but...the bottom of the strap on the photo of the film does not seem to have the same form as the JMLeather. (see exemple picture)

also, the rivet on the top looks bigger than the original ammo pouch.

i think too that the original pouch seems to be less broad?

what do you think?

Posted Image

I judged the width not from that pic but from watching the scene in slow-mo and there are only a feww spots where the side is visible and if the belt is 3 1/2" wide then 3" seemed a good number. I did the drawing showing the belt loops as poking up from behind the back but he didnt do them that way. What those things are on the real thing is very hard to tell but they are probably straps. I sent him an email with the changes but as for the rivet I dont think it's too big. I told him the straps needed to stick up from the back and changed the width from 3" to 2"

We have to remember that these pouches maybe were pretty banged up during filming,so sharp edges and whistles will looked differently,and its getting harder by,camera lens,distance and Grraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnn :tusken_icon:

We have to remember that these pouches maybe were pretty banged up during filming,so sharp edges and whistles will looked differently,and its getting harder by,camera lens,distance and Grraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnn :tusken_icon:

yes for sure....this pouch is getting there though....only took 30+ years lol

Here's the info...

6 1/2" wide

4 1/2" tall

2" deep

black rivet

leave the closure strap 2" longer past the bottom and just round the corners, no point

make sure the belt loops will fit a 3 1/2" belt and they should stick up past the top of the pouch 3/4"

the lid is 1" wide

I would like someone to confere with me on these changes

After watching and watching and more watching and then rewatching the roadblock scene here is the mock-up of the box pouch I have come up with.

width 6 1/2"

height 4 1/8"

depth at top 2"

depth at bottom 1 1/2"

lid 1"

closure strap 6 3/8" and only slightly tapered with rounded corners

belt loops will fit a 3 3/4" belt and are 1 1/4" wide

black rivet

Let me know your feelings and comments on the mock-up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image