Zenix/Sonix Radio Build

Quartermaster

Trying to bring the discussion about the vinyl/leather wrapping on the Sonix Radio here...

So...

Here is what I think:

On the original Sonix picture available, I think there are a couple of details that could show the use of the vinyl wrapping:

post-1761-011679100 1282778006_thumb.jpg

And also, there are some "lines", bends and depressions around the jacks that suggest the use of a soft material around the radio main box,...

post-1761-078575600 1282778053_thumb.jpg

Could that be possible?

What do you think.

Saludos.

i wanna add a picture to this thread i found in the WWW some time ago.

I hope this will shed some light on the radio.

I have no evidence that this is a real radio but it looks like one, right? :P

Posted Image

if the owner of this picture/radio want´s me to remove that picture, just let me know!

To make it more interesting,looks like the corrugated tuning,volume and band dials is the only thing(maybe) on that radio colored black :P

Its that the pic that was on 501st's forum?

i don´t know if this was on the 501st board, i found it on a picture hosting site like photobucket or flickr... can´t remember!

That's the pic I based my build on. The pic is in this thread:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6502&view=findpost&p=78756&hl=sonix&fromsearch=1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Trying to bring the discussion about the vinyl/leather wrapping on the Sonix Radio here...

So...

Here is what I think:

On the original Sonix picture available, I think there are a couple of details that could show the use of the vinyl wrapping:

post-1761-011679100 1282778006_thumb.jpg

And also, there are some "lines", bends and depressions around the jacks that suggest the use of a soft material around the radio main box,...

post-1761-078575600 1282778053_thumb.jpg

Could that be possible?

What do you think.

Saludos.

I had one of these as a kid, which was bought new and given to me as a birthday or christmas present. It was marketed as a childrens WW2 radio, from memory it had British commandos on the box ... though my memory is a little hazy and I could be confusing it with an action man picture. I can vaguely remember a flat vinyl cover that went over the front of the radio and had a single popper fastenner that secured it underneath. I'm so annoyed I must have thrown it out, as I was and still am a Star Wars fan. For reference I'm from England, must have gotten it in the mid to late seventies.

Phil Riches

TK5701

• 5 years later...