Music Of The MEPD

DirtyBoy

well than.

i prefer hard rock or pop rock:

Paramore, Avril, Nickleback, Daughtry, Breaking Benjamin, Dashboard Confessional, Fall Out Boy, Kelly Clarkson

or some of the stuff I grew up with:

Billy Joel, Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Stevie Wonder

I mostly listen to old school hip hop, or now a days underground rap music.

But sometimes also:

Motown, jazz, and 70´disco, soul, funk, blues etc.

To name a few i guess people know:

Mos def, jurassic 5, dilated people, the Roots, Gangstarr, public enemy, ll cool j.

Isaac Hayes, James brown, Berry White, Earth wind and fire...

Over and out from your Hip to the hop SAA trooper here :dance:

My Ipod ranges from the Sex Pistols to Sinatra.

My faves are The Police , Rush , Zeppelin , Sex Pistols , The Clash , Badlands , Elvis Presley .

When I was a teenager I played Bass in a punk rock band and I always remembered Elvis being on the tube when I was young.

Everything with "new country" and "rap" being the lesser.

Vampire Weekend, U2, Indigo Girls, Fleetwood Mac, James Blunt, R.E.M., Amos Lee, Anne Murray, Bare Naked Ladies, Beck, Big Silver, Billy Bragg, Wilco, Blues Traveler, Carly Simon, ABBA, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Indigo Girls, Coldplay, David Gray, Def Leppard, Enya, Jewel, Johnny Cash, Moby, Nick Drake, Norah Jones, Queen, Sarah McLachlan, Sting, The Police, The Beatles, The Mamas & the Papas, The Monkees, The Rentals, The Thorns, Tori Amos, Travis, Wolfmother, Willie Nelson, Citizen Cope, Titan Moon, Matt Pond PA, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Doors... the list goes on and on and on.

I also like classical music, jazz, boogie-woogie, blue grass, OLD (real) country music — like banjo pickin', rock and roll, disco, pop, new age... like I said, everything.

If it's good, I like it.

Sort of like art.

Or food.

Really depends on the mood I'm in. Workout time is all hard rock with a little classic rock sprinkled in there (Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Tool, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Boston, and Alice in Chains). Just sitting around is usually modern country (Rascal Flatts, Brooks and Dunn, Kenny Chesney, and Zac Brown Band).

You'll find pretty much everything on my ipod though. Everything from Beethoven to Scorpions, from Michael Jackson to Louis Armstrong, and from Jay-Z to CCR. I guess the only thing I'm not really a fan of lately is pop.

I dont really know what my fav kind of music is. Is Rock still a kind of music?

;)

My fav bands are: The Cure, Guns N Roses and Queen.

And in Spanish my fav is Los Fabulosos Cadillacs.

(Here a link if anyone is curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58lN67LfJpw )

But my iPod is full of everything:

From The Sext Pistols to The Cardigans

From Nancy Sinatra to Metallica

From The Jefferson´s Airplane to Mozart

One thing I really like is loud violent music played by an orchestra.

Like The flight of the valkyries or the 1812 Overture

Saludos.

i was "born" in metal culture (heavy, death, black, trash, power metal and cie...) but now with the age :rolleyes: i'm interested by many another styles.

i think now each day is different and many time in the day is good for one music style.

ex : bob marley at the morning, nirvana at lunchtime, pantera for the afternoon (and to **** neighboor ;) )in the evening a good led zeppelin or a good jazz, and the doors for the evening.

it's just an exemple, i think music is give really extraordinary feeling and each style have good artists. i just don't like pop dance techno rnb and cie... but maybe one day... :rolleyes:

Pearl Jam, The Cardigans, Aimee Mann, Mastodon, Roth-era Van Halen, Black Sabbath, mrnorth, The Beatles and The Stones.

That's about it. Rarely I'll delve into a different CD for a few days, but I'm usually headed back to these artists.

I too have a wide array of tune fav's but my first love is Metal.

Pantera, Slipknot, Megadeth, Alice n Chains, Slayer, Testament, old Metallica, Korn, Hatebreed, Killswitch engage but also have the Beatles, Foreigner,The Brian Setzer orchestra, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Motley Crue and various other bands on my Ipod.

Right on bro, "The new order" is my favorite Testament album and the song "Disciples of the watch" is one of my favorite songs of all time. Just so happens, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament are coming in concert here in San Diego (Chula Vista) in 10 days. I've got second row seats and VIP passes!!!!!

Right on bro, "The new order" is my favorite Testament album and the song "Disciples of the watch" is one of my favorite songs of all time. Just so happens, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament are coming in concert here in San Diego (Chula Vista) in 10 days. I've got second row seats and VIP passes!!!!!

yeah! good album too, my favourite song is "into the pit"

you are lucky to can see three awesome history metal band in concert and with VIP!!!

maybe you could drink a good beer with Dave M, Tom A and Chuck B B)

so....im sure some of you know this already but it was another cool discovery for me. today driving back from a friends party we were trying to think of the a "scorpions" song...."No One Like You"....so we googled it and came up with the youtube video that played through the input on my car stereo. GOTTA LOVE THE IPhone!!! FREE MUSIC FOREVER!!!! lol

LOL. I'm from Chula Vista. I was in a Goth band back in the early 90's then I moved to Seattle to continue playing music.

I Still listen to Goth/Industrial, Neo folk and experimental noise. My favorite bands are Current 93, Death in June, Coil, Nurse with Wound, PTV, Der Blutharsch. :unsure:

I gotta buck the trend and say 80's synth, ska, soul, Mod, Mod-revival, soul, surf, gearage and neo-garage- although I am a fan of early hard rock- Rush, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Motorhead, etc- we call it freedom rock. I do a podcast called The Desert Island, All Time, Top Five Show that features a lot of my favorite music- all vinyl- plus me a friend talking a lot of rubbish-

http://pnerves.com/topfive.htm

Badlands, anything with Jake E Lee, Ozzy, Deep Purple, Shinedown, Sabbath, Nickleback, Korn, Motley Cure, Kenny Rogers, Blackfoot, Whitesnake, Aerosmith, lynyrd Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Hendrix, S.T.P., Cinderella,The Cult, G n'R , Kid Rock,Grand Funk Railroad, Queen, Skid Row, Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Kiss, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, Alice n Chains, Godsmack, Kansas, Chevelle, Santana, Creedence, Saliva, Humble Pie, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Quiet Riot, Alter Bridge, Elvis, Tesla, George Clinton, Bach, Beethoven,Symphonic music, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and now music. Anything funk, blues, rock, metal. The list going on and on...............

OH yeah one more composer, you might know him for this little ditty...

Total child of the 80's here. Def Leppard, Van Halen, and Bon Jovi are my favorites, with Queensryche, Boston, Great White, Whitesnake, etc. I also have an afinity for Huey Lewis and the News.

I also really enjoy listening to the Star Wars soundtracks (as well as other Williams works), and LOVE Trans-Siberian Orchestra as well.