*done* TD-7930 Requesting Deployment

Hi Guys,

it´s me again. Finally i fixed the last "mistakes" and so now I hope I am ready for this here B)

My Name: Mike Mautz, German Garrison (Custodes Euroi/South-Eastern-Squad)

501st Name: TD 7930

aaaaaaand here we go:

the front:

Posted Image

another front position:

Posted Image

from the right:

Posted Image

right again with arm up:

Posted Image

back with backpack:

Posted Image

field backpack details:

Posted Image

left side:

Posted Image

left side arm up:

Posted Image

the green lenses:

Posted Image

the 3 TD knobs:

Posted Image

my canvas-belt:

Posted Image

canvas shoulder-straps:

Posted Image

my finished and weathered DLT-19 Gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gettin angry:

Posted Image

stpooin´that ship: :td:

Posted Image

..hope that was all...:)

Best regards from Munich! Now let me get sandy!

MIKE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job brother!!! :duim:

My usual question... does anyone see anything that is a "deployment stopper?!"

(And, just FYI, I do not...)

The only thing I questioned was the tube stripes looked "big" in the lenses close-up, but they number the right amount (within the parameters) and look good in all the other pics, so I think they're good. B)

thanks!

the tubestripes may appear a bit "bigger" after the weathering. They got " involuntary black outlines"..i saw, what you meant, Nol. Seems, they need a little q-tip-cleaning around the stripes...

Looks great to me!!

No deployment stoppers on this side.

:D

Two suggestions though:

1. You could use your belt pouch a bit lower.

2. You could add some velcro to your kidney plate and to the back of your belt to keep it in place

Great TD bro!

Congrats!

Saludos.

here...i shot it again for you:

Posted Image

Unfortunatlely the doopydoos-gun is not "ready to go"..and the work on the ammo-cover-box is still in progress. I hope this is no "deployment-stopper"?

Mike

I'm afraid the ammo-cover-box is required for deployment. But hey you are already 99% there so don't let that 1% stop you. B)

Yep... Gordon is right, it is.

But, I'd say the box is only .05%... so do it to it! B)

Awesome weathering! That's an awesome dlt-19. I guess you're living in the land where they were created, so you should have a nice one, right? Lol. I was stationed in Stuttgart for a year and a half back in 2005. I loved being in Germany. I took the (if I remember right) 3 hour drive to Munich and loved it. I checked out the Eagles nest and the salt mine down the road. Very beautiful area! I actually still have family in Karlsruh. :D

aaawwww ......

ok.. I have a few days off and i will do it tomorrow!

The box comes out on the left side.. am i right? I got some very good reference pics from a German TK. I´ll try to do it like him....

@ TD2298 yes, you are right! I live in the land with the bad history and the origin of many Sandtrooper´s Props B) I was in a store here in Munich where they sell real (unmilitarized) MG-34´s. They really look nice!!! And i asked the owner to give it to me, just to hold it. Man, that thing is heavy!! About 13 Kilos. So you realize really quick, what the bipod and the name MG (MaschinenGewehr) what stands for "heavy Rifle" is meant for.

Maybe i can take a picture with it, when I am there for the next time. As you know, weapons are strictly forbidden here in Germany and i hoped not to get visited by the cops, when i was painting and weathering my gun on my balcony. :) A few people looked a bit confused.A TK-friend told me, they are allowed to take your gun away,(exempt authorised events) cause it´s a "lookalike-weapon" and looks realistic. It would be a great "honour" for me as a prop-builder..so i know, i did everything right, but i want to have my DLT a little longer with me :D

I´ll try to get my ammo-cover-box finished tomorrow...

@ TD2298 yes, you are right! I live in the land with the bad history and the origin of many Sandtrooper´s Props B) I was in a store here in Munich where they sell real (unmilitarized) MG-34´s. They really look nice!!! And i asked the owner to give it to me, just to hold it. Man, that thing is heavy!! About 13 Kilos. So you realize really quick, what the bipod and the name MG (MaschinenGewehr) what stands for "heavy Rifle" is meant for.

Maybe i can take a picture with it, when I am there for the next time. As you know, weapons are strictly forbidden here in Germany and i hoped not to get visited by the cops, when i was painting and weathering my gun on my balcony. :) A few people looked a bit confused.A TK-friend told me, they are allowed to take your gun away,(exempt authorised events) cause it´s a "lookalike-weapon" and looks realistic. It would be a great "honour" for me as a prop-builder..so i know, i did everything right, but i want to have my DLT a little longer with me :D

I´ll try to get my ammo-cover-box finished tomorrow...

Hey Mike,

That stinks to hear about the strict laws over there. I remember all of the rules that I had to follow when I was there as a visitor, I can only imagine all of laws that a citizen such as yourself has to follow. I hope they don't take your DLT. Would you be able to explain and show them your armor if the Polizei tried to take it from you?

Now thats one nice sandtrooper.

Looks good to go from here (not 100% if you need, to have a pouch on each side of your hips).

Congrats and welcome on board :)

OK LADIES....

today i spent half of my day with thinking about HOW i´d make my missing ammo cover-box. Finally i got an idea and just did it, before it got dark outside...

So here is the missing thing:

Posted Image

some prop-building-romance ..now you see, why i should be a bit careful by showing my gun too obviously :lol:

Posted Image

and the freak who did it all:

Posted Image

for those, who said I should get Pouches on both sides.. i DO have them an can put them on everytime i want:

Posted Image

Thank you for watching and good advices!

I hope, thats all to get deployed! :td:

Cheers, Mike "TD-7930"