Weathering CA Boots?

tinman

Hello everyone, I used Woodland scenics and Fullers Earth dirt to weather my armor, but it does not seem to stick to the boots and when it does it cracks and flakes off.Can someone please tell me what method they have/are using on weathering there boots.

I dusted with Krylon Khaki & Almond spray paint. I didn't like the way this turned out. So I made some mud & water I stomped, jumped, & tromped through it for about 10min. This turned out really nice. When it dried it left the boots a sandy dirty tan color. This was used on my "work" stormtrooper boots. These are the boots I wear with my regular clothes when Im working on Star Wars projects outside. Belive me I've put some wear & tear on them. I even mowed the lawn once in them. The dried mud is still there. :td:

Did you ever tried walking with it when the weathering's still wet? Dry paint is easier to crack

I didn't tried that on my weathering but for the white paint on my boots,the paint is the easy to crack type but now its holding well on the leather

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

I dusted with Krylon Khaki & Almond spray paint. I didn't like the way this turned out. So I made some mud & water I stomped, jumped, & tromped through it for about 10min. This turned out really nice. When it dried it left the boots a sandy dirty tan color. This was used on my "work" stormtrooper boots. These are the boots I wear with my regular clothes when Im working on Star Wars projects outside. Belive me I've put some wear & tear on them. I even mowed the lawn once in them. The dried mud is still there. :td:

I used virtually the same technique but the camouflage/camping version of Krylon Khaki to do all my armor (using thinner to 'wipe' parts to form sand clumping. When I did the boots, I used took the shin armor and stood them up on the boots and then painted so that parts of the boot would be more weathered than other portions. I've done this to 5 suits of armor so far.