Pandatrooper's Pack build

pandatrooper

Thanks Rick, glad you like it! :)

I've started wiring up the speaker / amp for the radio, and feeding a wire through the seed trays to my MP3 player. I will store it in my ammo pouch for easier access during troops.

I also started trimming some of the new Crashmann radio parts.

I have to say, after 3 sets of armor and 4 helmets - I think the backpack took more work than any of them!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Terry, the pack looks fanatastic! Really super nice job and attention to detail.

I do have one question regarding the Lab pipe. I was under the assumption that the "Captains Pack" had no detail on the left side of the pack. Pretty sure that I read that in the description of the different numbered packs.

I could be wrong. I noticed Rolf's pack doesn't have one.

Hey John, good point. I assumed that the Stop that Ship! trooper is wearing the captains pack, as I read that on Looksirdroids (I remember it saying it's worn in the cantina).

In these screen grabs I took here, he's wearing what looks a lot like the captains pack. You can see the off kilter shotgun shells, the tool box, with the same electrical tape cross pattern, and this pack has the laboratory pipe on the left side.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6769&view=findpost&p=82350

Can anyone offer any additional insight?

Wuhuuu congrats Terry, i think your pack are among the best world wide.

I can´t wait to add the new radio as well on mine asap.

Enjoy your top accurate back pack bro.

Can´t wait to see pics of you all suit up.

TD high five from here ;)

If it's a Captain's pack, there should be black tape over the blue tray right? :)

Its the look sir droids sergeant pack Terry have made.

I´m pretty sure its the same pack, we see on the move a long captain trooper later on.

But then taped up.

Look sir droids:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Move a long:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I´m not 100% sure the side stick shall be there.

We see it on the so called sergeant pack:

Posted Image

The captain whit the DLT-19 in dok94 also wears the same pack.

We see a stick on a captain pack, at the door alley droid search.

But this pack have 3 trays painted black out of 4:

Posted Image

Posted Image

We see another captain pack, where the falcon takes off.

But there all 4 trays are black:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cantina captain have the so called captain pack on too.

but i´m not sure if its have the stick on...

I can only see it got the tape on the upper left side box, so i guess its the move a long back pack he wears there:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CCCcchhers :)

Thanks guys, great feedback! I guess I was trying to replicate the Cantina Captain pack. You can see here, it's the orange pauldron captain

Posted Image

You can see the lab pipe here

Posted Image

However, looking at the images closely now, I think the orange pauldron captain in the Cantina (which I think I have shown is the Stop that Ship trooper) has the lower trays painted black. I don't really want to repaint the trays. Ah... decisions, decisions... :) I think I need to call the pack done and move back to finishing weathering my armor! :D

Either way Terry - you're making the rest of us look bad. OK, perhaps just those of us that will be trooping with you. What a great bar to set - will be great having you, me, Christian, and Brian all in the same place some day :)

Copy that Terry, i see the stick now here on the cantina captain pack.

Also the black trays, like you say... maybe its the same pack we see on the captain...

Looking at the falcon take off in the alley, whit the sergeant.

Either way, you have a master accurate pack for sure bro.

Can´t wait to see you all suit up :)

• 4 weeks later...

I know we want to keep the pinned topics to a minimum, but I do consider this the most comprehensive and helpful pack tutorial so far.

All the new tricks and techniques shown here, together with the new parts included in this build as Gordon's intake and zenix's radio (even if it is only in one pict), makes this thread a must for everyone trying to build or improve their pack.

Thx for sharing this Terry and for making us jealous of your gear ;)

Saludos.

I have a question for you guys. Is't the exhaust box round at the top and flat at the base? I was looking at the "Move along" pack and I swear it's round. If it is, I have a solution. I found a plastic box that is round at the top and flat at the base. I found it in my shower caddy, it belongs to the wife and I'm gonna ask her where she bought it from later on today.

post-3631-057731700 1285112512_thumb.jpg

Yep, it is flat at the base, or I would say, flat at the back.

Mine is flat at the base as the one you showed, squarish but with round corners... and all the same shape bottom to top.

Now I can see that I actually didnt reply your question on the PM. I thought you ment something else.

Hopefully this pict will help you. These are two different exhaust boxed I built from "Caution" plastic signs.

Saludos.

post-1761-083387300 1285171215_thumb.jpg

post-1761-054547400 1285171216_thumb.jpg

post-1761-023319000 1285171217_thumb.jpg

post-1761-001582200 1285171218_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woah, the back pack posted above doesn't have the black tape around the bottom seed tray, and the seed tray is perfectly aligned.

I think that shot was from one of the early scenes filmed in Tunisia. Theres another photo of them weathering the armor "on the spot". I think the reason theres no tape on the seed trays is because everything was still new and hadn't fallen apart yet.

• 1 month later...