*done*TD-3390 Requesting Deployment

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

few hours of work and hes good to go :) dont worry as soon as your complete we will get you deployed. even if its 3am....we dont sleep :)

Hard to sleep when Jabba is having all those midnight parties and loud music at his palace. How many times have we raided his place this week already? :D

I will be working on my pack this weekend :) I might have a problem bending the pack, but will give it a shot.

I'd already dirty it up and pauldron. :lol: Cut off the center pouch on the shoulder MP40 pouch.

So I should have re-ssubmtted pics by the following week.

Thx, for all the support guys!

FYI: I'm subscribed to this thread, but am not receiving updates.

Awesome man!

Keep us posted. B)

As for the not-getting-replies... you've done all the normal things like "check junk mail folder" and such, right?

I checked the logs and there aren't any outgoing mail errors... so they're getting sent, just not getting to you for some reason. :mellow:

I will be working on my pack this weekend :) I might have a problem bending the pack, but will give it a shot.

I'd already dirty it up and pauldron. :lol: Cut off the center pouch on the shoulder MP40 pouch.

So I should have re-ssubmtted pics by the following week.

Thx, for all the support guys!

FYI: I'm subscribed to this thread, but am not receiving updates.

Anthony....the bend is pretty easy.....I'll be happy to walk you through it.

Hey Rick,

My pack frame is army issued, and I don't know if it is all aluminum metal. Is there a method to bend this type of frame, or more likely would I need to pick up some PVC for a new frame this weekend?

@Nol,

Thx, for checking! It's going through now, got Rick's post.

A 30 degree bend shouldn't be that difficult in aluminum if it's hollow (which 99% of all frames are). If you don't have a pipe bender, set up something on the floor and lay the frame down on it and then stand on it. I know this sounds crude but it works well.

Ciscotiger looking good man.

In regards to mic tips, if you look closely throughout Star Wars you will see some white inside, a couple black inside, Move Along trooper's look black but the inside part under the screen looks light to me.

A 30 degree bend shouldn't be that difficult in aluminum if it's hollow (which 99% of all frames are). If you don't have a pipe bender, set up something on the floor and lay the frame down on it and then stand on it. I know this sounds crude but it works well.

Thx for the advice, tried standing on it to flatten it, didn't work. :blink: It's army issue, pretty sturdy. May have to get pipe bender or may just get pvc and build another frame...well at least everything else is done.

Thx, Marcus, it's all good, the fun is the build. I'd just saw a back pack on flea bay that I'm bidding on. Keep my fingers crossed, I think it's as authentic as I can get. I may just have to build anther back pack ;)

Hey Rick,

My pack frame is army issued, and I don't know if it is all aluminum metal. Is there a method to bend this type of frame, or more likely would I need to pick up some PVC for a new frame this weekend?

@Nol,

Thx, for checking! It's going through now, got Rick's post.

Army issue might make it a little difficult to do. might just be easier to go the pvc route if you cant get it to work. i think home depot has a "rental" policy ;) you know for those things you buy temporarily....lol

Thx Rick :) Do you or anyone have photos of the bend on the back pack. I've seen a couple of photos but don't know how accurate they were. I want to get it right before I start bending.

@Rick, Thx, that'll work.

My vintage Boy Scout backpack arrived today! :) Now to find a pipe bender and pick up an aluminum strip.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

nice....i actually had that same frame....i cut the top down to eliminate that extra area.....then i removed the middle bar....from there i was able to do the bend putting on the ground and standing on it....a little weight at a time.

Alright, bent the frame easy over my tool box and rivet the support strips. Now to primer & paint. Should have everything done by this weekend.

Posted Image

Woo hoo!