*done*TD-3390 Requesting Deployment

Hello,

NAME: Anthony

501st ID: TD-3390

Call-Sign: Ciscotiger

Garrison: Golden Gate Garrison

Here are my deployment request submission photos. I apologize for the background location, I wanted to submit my pictures today and the dressing room was the only time and place to have another member take my pictures while trooping. :huh: The cleaned out the profile pics to help out with the editing. ;)

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Armor:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DLT19:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The armor looks great... nice weathing...

The pauldron though needs weathering...

A question to others here is regarding the mic tips, can they be white? I know Stomper did them a while back but are they acceptable? I cannot recall...

Also, there should be a visual kink in the frame / boxes, or at least more than I ccan see...

Finally, weather the pack a bit more, esp on the blue areas...

Does look good there though!!

Echo what Mike said ;)

Nice job trooper....everything looks right in line with the way it should.

the only area I can see that might need to be adjusted would be the seed trays. they need to be closer together so there is no gap in between. Other than that looks like you are on your way.

Looking really good man!

The seed trays are a bit far apart, but that won't keep you from deployment.

And I agree, some more weathering would be great... especially on that shiny pauldron... but again, those things aren't going to keep you from deployment.

Let me wait on some other feedback and I will go over the pics with a fine-tooth droid as well and let you know if we find anything else. B)

(and I'd rather just see the pics with background in them... no worries now though. I will, however, ask for one when you're deployed to cut out myself.)

A question to others here is regarding the mic tips, can they be white? I know Stomper did them a while back but are they acceptable? I cannot recall...

They can be white.

I need to paint mine all black in fact.

The truth is there's debate on whether all the TDs had black mic tips or not. It seems the "stop that ship" bucket had white ones while the "move along" bucket had ones that were all black.

Good question though! B)

Looking good, other than some adjustments as pointed out by the others (totally voluntary and won't stop you from deployment), you are all set.

Oh ya that FISD flash beret patch looks out of place on a Sandie. We need a new run of MEPD flash beret patches since we are getting lots of deployment application lately. Nol/Rick, what say you? :)

Looking good, other than some adjustments as pointed out by the others (totally voluntary and won't stop you from deployment), you are all set.

Oh ya that FISD flash beret patch looks out of place on a Sandie. We need a new run of MEPD flash beret patches since we are getting lots of deployment application lately. Nol/Rick, what say you? :)

Great Idea Gordon....do you want to take point on this one?

They can be white.

I need to paint mine all black in fact.

The truth is there's debate on whether all the TDs had black mic tips or not. It seems the "stop that ship" bucket had white ones while the "move along" bucket had ones that were all black.

Good question though! B)

My mic tips are black now. Went out and fixed them a little earlier. So I just wanted to update this. B)

Thx guys for all the recommendations and compliments. I'll go work on the list to do.

- More weathering on the boxes and the pauldron

- Move the boxes closer

- Switch the shoulder MP40 pouch to the three mag w/o small pouch

@Nol- Are the MP-40 pouches w/o small pouch for both or just the shoulder? Because the one on my belt is that one.

@Gondonator- I'm in for a Flash! :)

@Marcus- Good trooping with you, brother! You alone would have ended them. ;) Like they say-'Great power comes with great restraint' at least while in armor anyway. :lol:

@Nol- Are the MP-40 pouches w/o small pouch for both or just the shoulder? Because the one on my belt is that one.

Yes. You need to have the one on the should not have a small pouch like that unless it's the canvas pouches. But the ones on the belt must be the leather pouch without the small one as well.

Did that make sense? B)

Hey Anthony!

Great TD for sure.

Good job trooper! :D

Besides what has been said, I do think you need to modify your backpack frame. It needs to have the correct bend for deployment.

I think if you are anyway repositioning the seed trays, it is a good opportunity to have it done in the correct way.

About the pouches, your shoulder one is actually a little different from what we are used to see here. Normally the ones with the little pouch are made out of canvas. And the ones with 2 segments are made of leather. For deployment you would need to have "specific ammo pouches", that means that they need to be very similar and in the same place as the ones seen on screen. So, 2 options you might want to do:

1. Find a references picture of a similar pouch used on the shoulder.

2. Remove and relocate the little pouch so it is placed over the right segment of the pouch.

The actual CRL does allow MP40 or the "norwegain"reproductions in either leather or canvas. Therefore I think this counts as acceptable. Just if you could try and do either of the 2 options, that would make it just fine for deployment.

Is this correct Noel? What do you think?

If you have any question, please ask!!

Hope to see you deployed soon.

Saludos.

1. Find a references picture of a similar pouch used on the shoulder.

2. Remove and relocate the little pouch so it is placed over the right segment of the pouch.

The actual CRL does allow MP40 or the "norwegain"reproductions in either leather or canvas. Therefore I think this counts as acceptable. Just if you could try and do either of the 2 options, that would make it just fine for deployment.

Is this correct Noel? What do you think?

Yes, I agree... those two options are exactly what can be done.

Same goes with the pouch on TD-4069's request.

hey bro!! looking great there! i like the way your boots and shins are dirtier,then,the further up the armour you go,the lighter the weathering gets B) B). i applied this method to mine and dave marsdens td armour, as it seems natural that a trooper will be possibly up to his knees in sand on tattooine!! :P;)

i would seriously consider dirtying the field pack a little more and also the pauldron,as they stand from the rest of the gear,just a suggestion bro! ;)

great work again! :)

This is probably not a deployment issue, but an accuracy one.

When the backpack frame gets bent and the upper and lower boxes get moved closer together, the neck of the siphon should (and might have to, in order to fit) get shortened.

Besides the fine tuning stuff mentioned, whats keeping him from deployment?

That's really pretty much it. He's so close we can taste it, but the "droids are in the details" and we're doing our best to make sure those details are met. B)

He has a great set of armor — don't you love it when we talk about you in the 3rd person Anthony? — and he's not got many things to fix up, so I'm sure he'll be deployed soon!