Another "Filter" Pack Done

Quartermaster

Just finished another Filter Pack build and just wanted to share a few pics.

Just have to attach the radio dial sticker and weather it and it will be good to go.

This one is for a garrison mate of mine, King Jawa. He saw my pack at our last troop and had to have one. He supplied me with a few of the parts including Gordons syphon. The rest I did. Used seed trays from Amazon.com for about $25 instead of the Crashmann trays. they are pretty good, just slightly smaller.

As always, I included a padded storage area in the radio box and padded shoulder straps for comfort.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look fantastic - where do you find the radio box ? I only have a face plate and the is not what I want for it but I really like what you have on this one.

The box I use is actually an empty first aid kit. I wet sand it, shoot it with Krylon fusion paint for plastics and mount the crashmann faceplate to it with tiny screws in the corners. Foam padding is installed using heavy duty double sided tape.

I also do some detailing on the faceplate with a small drill bit by lightly drilling small holes in all the corners of the faceplate panels.

The silver switches are from radio shack, the main dial is from "VOODOO" aka Dana here on the boards and the smaller knobs are from an old radio I had laying around.

Looking awesome John. Just a minor suggestion, can consider painting the knob on the raberdish white so it looks consistent.

Thanks for the tip Gordon. I had thought of that, but liked the way it looked. I had this spare knob laying around and thought it might look cool to use to attach the dish so I went with it. The guy who the pack is for is not MEPD nor does he have any intention of going for deployment, so I took a tiny "liberty" here and there. I don't think it would keep him from deployment though should he decide down the road to go that route, would it?

Looks awesome,John.A pack fit for a King,he is looking forward to trooping with this pack.He very much admires your work (as do a lot of people!) See yas,Dave

Thanks Dave!

Here are a few shots after final weathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image