Canvas belt and shoulder strap. Some q's.

Elder

Ive been trying to find out a few things about the canvas belt and shoulder straps.

Is this correct concerning the TD belt:

* Height 3 inches

* natural canvas is the most screen acc?

* both natural and white canvas are good for deployment?

* the screen used belt had 5 layers of canvas?

* Velcro used at the back overlap?

Ive found nothing on the canvas shoulder straps.

* How wide should they be?

* How many layers? Does anyone know?

The real belts look to be only two layers thick, not five, and it looks like they used denim canvas which was dyed or painted white. Height is three inch.

The real shoulder straps are two inch wide white elastic glued in place.

It's up to you what you choose to use, but that's how the screen used armour was.

The real belts look to be only two layers thick, not five, and it looks like they used denim canvas which was dyed or painted white. Height is three inch.

The real shoulder straps are two inch wide white elastic glued in place.

It's up to you what you choose to use, but that's how the screen used armour was.

100% correct :)

Here's the material I use for my belt. It looks so dead-on to screen caps and promo pics from ANH that it's uncanny! There's debate on if it's "really it" but it's very solid and incredibly awesome looking.

The ordering is close right now, but watch the forum as it may/probably will open back up. B)

I have two of the cargo straps and I have compared them to the belts in the LFL archives and they are not the same. People seem to forget that these are just movie costumes and not real world space armour (even though we would like them to be) so the belts don't have to be load bearing or functional, just look good on your costume ;)

I have two of the cargo straps and I have compared them to the belts in the LFL archives and they are not the same. People seem to forget that these are just movie costumes and not real world space armour (even though we would like them to be) so the belts don't have to be load bearing or functional, just look good on your costume ;)

Ah, come on... they have to be a LITTLE load bearing and functional... :P

*nudge*nudge* *prod*prod*

I actually hate to say it, but I'd defer to TM's opinion on this. He knows his stuff.

(Can I still be really happy with mine though man?)

They need to be load bearing if you holster a blaster. I also like having some plastic inserts to prevent sagging when I attach ammo pouches.

I'll agree with TM that while Wyatt's belts look great compared to some promo pix and Mark Hamill's belt in some scenes, I prefer the look of folded canvas.

Someone once suggested it looked a little like white firehose. Honestly, I'm surprised someone who wore a suit or make them hasn't ID'd it for sure.

I must agree with Paul...

I own one of those cargo straps, and that is what I use for my TD. It looks awesome and all, but it is not accurate.

There are 3 main reasons why I use it even though I know it is not the real thing:

1. I paid for it, and will use it for a while at least.

2. I like the fact that it is supposed to be from around the 70s... a small vintage accessory for my armor

3. I have not found a canvas belt that I like currently on production (I am bit late I guess)

As many things in SW universe, the belts most likely were just some cloth found by the costume department and put together in 5 mins. Two layers of canvas put together sounds perfectly logical.

I will eventually move on to canvas belt, just not yet. Maybe for my next armor ;)

My opinion anyway.

Saludos