Can't send a mesage to a member

Sandman

When I go to send a message I have no feild to tell the recipient what the mesage is about. So when I go to send it I get a warning flag that said this:

The following errors were found

You must enter a message title longer than 2 characters.

This personal message has not been sent

Can you guys tell waht to do

• 2 months later...

Hi Nol. I'm using Firefox and i had this

The following errors were found

Array

What caused it?

Man... I wish I knew. :(

I wonder if you MIGHT have some "old cached files" on your system from before the upgrades of the board. Does that sound even remotely possible? (you know your system better than me, obviously)

If it does sound feasible maybe try clearing all cookies and cache related to the MEPD and the MEPD forum. Even clear your DNS cache (you can google how to do that)

I'm just thinking there may be a conflict between what's really here, and what your computer is trying to do.

Another thing is it might be a firewall you're behind.

This seems to be a common problem since the MEPD forum uses IPB 3. IE6 and IE7 don't display the layout correctly in IPB 3. The best way, if you're using Windows XP, to fix the problem is a free download and install of IE8 found here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

You can also use Google Chrome, but if you're already familiar with Windows and Internet Explorer, just download IE8 and follow the setup prompts. It's very simple.

The ARRAY problem with Firefox is definitely a cache problem. Unfortunately, it could be as simple as emptying your cookies like Noel said, or it could be that IPB is looking for a cache programmed in the browser that doesn't exist. There may be an IPB 3.x patch for Firefox, but I don't really know. I have very little knowledge of Firefox and updating it.

This seems to be a common problem since the MEPD forum uses IPB 3. IE6 and IE7 don't display the layout correctly in IPB 3. The best way, if you're using Windows XP, to fix the problem is a free download and install of IE8 found here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

You can also use Google Chrome, but if you're already familiar with Windows and Internet Explorer, just download IE8 and follow the setup prompts. It's very simple.

The ARRAY problem with Firefox is definitely a cache problem. Unfortunately, it could be as simple as emptying your cookies like Noel said, or it could be that IPB is looking for a cache programmed in the browser that doesn't exist. There may be an IPB 3.x patch for Firefox, but I don't really know. I have very little knowledge of Firefox and updating it.

Thanks for the tips / info man!

It's hard for me to "diagnose" problems like this because I'm not on windows and often — even as good as we try to be — we just miss something that is obvious.

Really appreciate the chiming in!

Really appreciate the chiming in!

No problem! Anything I can do to help.

I had the same problem and almost lost my chance to get a sweet MG-15. I certainly don't want something similar happening to anyone else in here. :) It just wouldn't be right.

• 9 months later...