*done* TD-2298 Requesting Deployment

as an alternative.....i used some "mighty mend" on a project i was working on....it was elastic based material and held perfectly. Im a pop rivet and glue type of guy so anywhere i can get out of sewing im all about it. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an alternative.....i used some "mighty mend" on a project i was working on....it was elastic based material and held perfectly. Im a pop rivet and glue type of guy so anywhere i can get out of sewing im all about it. :)

Haha, I hear ya! I'm usually that way too, but I was recently using the sewing machine to put some patches on my garrison jacket, so I'm kinda in the zone. :)

The sewing machine broke on me!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Getting it fixed tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get these straps finished this weekend. Bear with me guys!

We're here man! Just anxious FOR YOU!

I had to swap out my 4 buttons for 3 and do a few other things (which I don't remember now) but it's all worth it!

Thanks for the update brother!

looking sweet bro!!! nice build B) ,the only things i can comment on are the mic tips...they look like the ones i got with my old fx bucket (they seem a bit large) resin ones can be got quite cheap! other than that ROCKING!!! (p.s love those gloves bro! B) )

not far off deployment now mate.

the only things i can comment on are the mic tips...they look like the ones i got with my old fx bucket

Those are the faucet aerator nozzles that ships with the AP helmet kits. The screen used mic tips look like more this:

Posted Image

Pic is of one of Keith´s excellent Hovi mic tips. I´m not sure if he´s still making them, but I think so..?

(I borrowed the image from one of his posts here on the MEPD, hope he doesn´t mind!)

Those are the faucet aerator nozzles that ships with the AP helmet kits. The screen used mic tips look like more this:

Posted Image

Pic is of one of Keith´s excellent Hovi mic tips. I´m not sure if he´s still making them, but I think so..?

(I borrowed the image from one of his posts here on the MEPD, hope he doesn´t mind!)

Thanks for the heads up. I got in contact with him, and he's still making them. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I got in contact with him, and he's still making them. :)

Awesome!!

How's that line near the end of Episode IV go?

You know... the one when the first guy is gonna try and blow up the Death Star...

Oh yeah, "Almost there... allll most there...." :duim:

Awesome!!

How's that line near the end of Episode IV go?

You know... the one when the first guy is gonna try and blow up the Death Star...

Oh yeah, "Almost there... allll most there...." :duim:

I hope that I don't suffer the same fate as that guy! :)

AWESOME!

Those look better than mine! B)

Is there still a question on your hovi mics?

What are the ones you have? Are they "Correct Hovi-Mix mic tips" as the CRL states?

Hey Nol,

How are you? I do have a dirtied up set of trapezoid hand plates I can switch out with the cheese graters. Here they are. Let me know if you need me to wear them with the rest of the armor.

Posted Image

I like those gloves mate very cool... where did ya get em?

I like those gloves mate very cool... where did ya get em?

How's it going? I got those gloves at my local surf shop. They're actually dive gloves. They're dry-lock, bamboo gloves by Xcel.

AWESOME!

Those look better than mine! B)

Is there still a question on your hovi mics?

What are the ones you have? Are they "Correct Hovi-Mix mic tips" as the CRL states?

Hey Nol. I have the mic tips that came with my AP armor that aren't quite cannon. I'm contacting Keith for one of his mic tip sets tonight. I'm almost there.

It looks like you are almost there.

One suggestion though.

Could you paint those rivets on the armor securing the shoulder strap white?

I know they wont really show once you wear your paludron and shoulder pouch, but since they are not seen on the movie, I think it would be better if you "hide" them.

Anyone think different?

:)

Saludos

It looks like you are almost there.

One suggestion though.

Could you paint those rivets on the armor securing the shoulder strap white?

I know they wont really show once you wear your paludron and shoulder pouch, but since they are not seen on the movie, I think it would be better if you "hide" them.

Anyone think different?

:)

Saludos

What's up? I did have them painted white on the outside and a lot of it has worn off from trooping. I have to touch them up from time to time, I guess. :)

Oh yes!

I can see the remaining white paint.

So, yes, just a touch up and thats it!

:D

Saludos

No problem!

Keith hasn't gotten back to me with regards to the mic tips. Does anyone know an alternate way to contact him to verify that he received my message? Thanks in advance.