Attaching a scope rail: Which was more common on film?

EDIT: Ok i did some searching and found 2 different ways to mount the scope rail.But i would like to know what was the more commonly seen/used way it is mounted.Was it the one directly riveted to the tube or the rear sight??. I would like to do this accurate to the numbers on film so to speak.

Do you mean on an E-11 blaster?

I think both methods were used on ANH. I mounted mine though the rear sight (almost done my PVC pipe kit build)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm,ok, i am almost done now as well. I need to mount the rail, finish the trigger and trigger guard,then install the T tracks,then done. I was just wondering which of the two ways was more used. Thanks heaps bud,lol.

• 4 months later...

there are about 4 different ways I've seen the ANH blaster sight rail attached.

one has it tucked into the front vent hole, and is bolted through the rear sight block.

one has it tucked into the rear sight with a bolt, and has the floating front.

one has the rear come down and bolt just short of the rear sight block, and is tucked into the front.

and one just seems to angle down in front, and 'float' or is not fully attached

in the front, but just sits on top, just short of the barrell shroud vent

and is also bolted through the rear sight block.

most of the scopes appear to be attached with the simple flat slotted screws that the scope

is originally mounted with, they don't appear to be large hex head screws like most people use.

and the hengstler wires are nothing like everyone makes. they were just small insulated wires

and had very few loops. and some have offered up the concept that one wire was red, and the other

green.