Pandatrooper's ATA TD build

pandatrooper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely amazing work Terry. You are an artist, no doubt.

If my son decides to really get his armor dirty instead of going HWT, I am shipping it to you for the weathering! LOL

I'm not kidding!

Thanks for the compliments John! That would be so much fun! Mini-TD! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Because I'm not super tall, I cut the cod for more maneuverability and removed 3/4" from the height. I have done this on my last 2 builds, and it just fits me better and no one notices. :)

Posted Image

Has anyone else done this? I just want to find out if there will be any problems getting approved by doing this.

I´m also planning to cut my ab plate like this due to lack of height (I´m only 172cms/5ft 8ins) How do you go about re-attaching the groin piece to the ab-plate again? I´ve been playing with the idea to use parts of an inner tube along the whole seam - thus having someting black and elastic - hoping it might improve moving in the armour aswell? How tall are you Terry?

Has anyone else done this? I just want to find out if there will be any problems getting approved by doing this.

Cutting your ab piece into two pieces will not affect your approval into the 501st. It may affect your approval within this detachment for SWAT status, im not totally sure. I just wanted some clarification into which approval you are referring to. Reaching the status of MEPD and SWAT are different than simply getting approved for 501st.

Doing it the right way, and making sure it is not noticeable, it should not affect your 501st acceptance, or Police Officer and SWAT status.

Just make sure the cut is hidden behind the belt, and that you do not cut away any of the main details on the AB plate or leave the crotch plate too small.

Saludos.

I´m also planning to cut my ab plate like this due to lack of height (I´m only 172cms/5ft 8ins) How do you go about re-attaching the groin piece to the ab-plate again? I´ve been playing with the idea to use parts of an inner tube along the whole seam - thus having someting black and elastic - hoping it might improve moving in the armour aswell? How tall are you Terry?

When panda did his he left it as 2 pieces and attached them together on the back with strapping. I was almost thinking that instead of cutting out the 3/4" strip, I might just make 1 cut which would be the equivalent of the bottom cut in the photo, then glue the 2 sections back together by placing the bottom cod section on top of the ab secition. But making just that 1 cut that would leave about 1" of the cod piece still attached to the ab portion and that 1" section should be plently enough to glue to when the 2 sections are placed back together and glued

What about taking a little off of the top? There dosen't appear to be any major details on the top and some of it probably is hidden under the chest piece anyway.

When panda did his he left it as 2 pieces and attached them together on the back with strapping. I was almost thinking that instead of cutting out the 3/4" strip, I might just make 1 cut which would be the equivalent of the bottom cut in the photo, then glue the 2 sections back together by placing the bottom cod section on top of the ab secition. But making just that 1 cut that would leave about 1" of the cod piece still attached to the ab portion and that 1" section should be plently enough to glue to when the 2 sections are placed back together and glued

What about taking a little off of the top? There dosen't appear to be any major details on the top and some of it probably is hidden under the chest piece anyway.

My problem is that with the cod piece in it´s original length some of the vital ab details disappears up behind the chest piece - the only way to lower the chest piece is to decrease the length of the cod... Glueing it together like you discribe will probably work as the seam will be coovered by the belt, BUT then you´ll still have the same movement issues as you do with an original uncut piece. By cutting it and re-attaching it with straps or some form of elastic you get the extra movement as a bonus. One major advantage iseasier toilet brakes...lol :D Good luck mate!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Amazing job! I'm just finalizing the purchase of a RS package....sure this tutorial will be read and re-read again and again. Love the attention to detail.

Can anyone tell me if the RS kit is 'easy' to work with?

Again great job....be proud!

Amazing job! I'm just finalizing the purchase of a RS package....sure this tutorial will be read and re-read again and again. Love the attention to detail.

Can anyone tell me if the RS kit is 'easy' to work with?

Again great job....be proud!

RS. Is a wery good kit alongside TM but as its cast from original it's a bit more "triggy" to assemble then example ata as shown in this tread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...