Feedback on MP-40 Pouches

I took the measurements for the vertical straps straight from the pics you sent me so not sure what to say there. I will double check them though as I could have done something wrong, I am not used to using metric.

as far as the edges, I tried square ends but they looked funny. I looked at the pics again and it was as if they were almost square but rounded at the very tip. I tried to get that look but I guess I didn't get it right. I will square it off and see what happens. There is enough material that I can just snip off a little on the end of each one.

***I went back and looked at those pics again and the measurements are correct. I also took a close look at the edges and they do have a slightly rounded edge, both the IO pouch and the one from Rolf. My rounded corners may be slightly larger but realize I am doing everything by hand. Not sure if they had a leather punch pattern or what.***

Edited to add note

Ok...

Don't worry bro.

If you use those for reference, then that must be correct.

I have not studied those pictures as deeply as I'm sure you have,

So I trust you.

The pouches are coming out great...

:)

Saludos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no problem Juan, thanks for checking out the pics and asking questions.

as far as the material, the front is made from 3-4 oz vegi-tan leather and the back is 8 oz predyed shoulder leather. It is the closest thing I can get from studying the pics. As far as the heat, it is all leather so it shouldn't do more than become a little more 'plyable' as most things do. I use a leather sheen on all of the leather to seal it so it should help protect it also. I don't expect any problems caused by the heat but if you discover a problem, please let me know and we will work something out.

I have all the parts cut out and hope to get them dyed and sealed. After that, I will start the assembly process and see what they look like. I will keep you updated.

I have run into a stitching problem so I was trying to work with a local shoe repair shop to see what they can do and for how much. I am having to wait till next week (tuesday probably) before they can get to them. Due to the way I have to assemble these pouches with the rivets, I am having trouble getting the stitching straight as I have to use a dremel to punch through both layers of leather. I am also brainstorming to try to figure out a way to get around the problem myself but kinda doing the family thing this weekend.

When is the C5? Have a great 4th everyone.

okay, sorry it has taken me this long to get back with some pics but my wife has started a new job and we are adjusting. Anyway, here are some pics of a slant loop pouch. I hope to have some pics of vertical loop pouch tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Juan, you will have the 1st set for sure as you have helped me a ton, just need to know how many of what type you want. I am going to start with the limited set that I have then I will start a production run and start a list of requests. Hopefully, more pics tomorrow.

Thx a lot bro!

I will need 3.

2 of the vertical straps pouches, and 1 of the slant ones.

But, since this is just a limited run, I will just sign in for the 2 vertical pouches and I can wait till you do the regular runs for the slant one.

This will also help me with the money issue... hehehe.

:)

Again, thx a lot.

Let me know how it goes!

Saludos

okay, sorry it has taken me this long to get back with some pics but my wife has started a new job and we are adjusting. Anyway, here are some pics of a slant loop pouch. I hope to have some pics of vertical loop pouch tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent Job!!!!

I know who to call when I need my MG-34 tool pouch done....hint....hint.......

Thanks for the feedback and help everyone. Here is basically how I see things progressing from here. First, let it be known that these will not be just rolling off the assembly line and construction may seem painfully slow but they are hand constructed. I took a couple of pouches to a shoe repair shop to see how they looked using their sewing machine and was not impressed at all - these 2 pouches will be sold as B grades to recoupe costs of materials. I hope to have 3 other pouches up for sell in the next couple of days. Once those are sold, I will start a 'project run' thread and will start filling orders as they come in, more about that later in the thread.

A little about me and what I am dealing with on the home front - my wife just started a new job so we are trying to get settled into a routine that works for us and our kids. I have a 15 mo. old and a 2 year old so we are kinda busy in that reguards too. I say this to ask for a little patience and understanding. I am very excited about the enthusiasm I have received about the pouches and I look forward to working with you all.

Just to keep things fair, I will post here a day before I put the pouches up for sell so everyone can be ready and have a chance at them.

Hey man,your kids is your priority

And when your kids is well covered you'll be happy

And when your happy you'll be making top notch products!!

Take your time before doing a run :duim: make sure there's nothing between you and the run. im sure everybody will understand. just a thought :duim: