Hi from the United Kingdom

Sulaco76

Hey from Britain!

Just acquired my first armour, which is all very shiny & new. I look like a 6 foot action figure...

Always wanted to enter the Sandtrooper scene, so here I am.

Looking forward to starting the conversion soon.

Thanks to Noel for an introduction to you guys!

Talk soon!

James

Hey from Britain!

Just acquired my first armour, which is all very shiny & new. I look like a 6 foot action figure...

Always wanted to enter the Sandtrooper scene, so here I am.

Looking forward to starting the conversion soon.

Thanks to Noel for an introduction to you guys!

Talk soon!

James

Sorry posted in wrong section...!

There is no "wrong"... you're just in two places now... plus you already have THREE posts! Look at that! :P

Welcome man!

Haven't I seen your face(book) somewhere before? B)

Hey James, Another from the UK! We are only six million members behind the Yanks now!

Welcome dude.

I see from your board name that you are an Aliens fan? me too!

Cheers,

Smally

Hey guys!

I'm not used to such quick reply s after coming from the UK Ghostbusters forum, normally takes about a week for a reply, its such a ghost town! LOL.

Yep; I'm into the Aliens universe as well...always wanted Stormtroopers V's Aliens! :lol:

We're pretty quick here. Especially during certain times of the day the boar really "lights up."

And we'd kick that Queen's acid churning @$$!

You're not far from me Juan! :D haha

Yep... I should drop by sometime... its just around the corner, Mexico, New Mexico... right?

;)

Or come down south!

Just watch out for the water... don't drink that stuff. It's dangerous... not as teddy bears with sticks though!!

hehe...

Once again...Cheers guys. B)

I've been looking at your deployed requests...

To be honest I'm a little intimidated with the accuracy required to join the 501 MEPD.

After serving with the British Army (TA Signals Reg 89),we all had different equipment to each other depending on our own personnel requirements.

If others on this forum have also been in the armed forces you will understand where I am coming from.

Stormtroopers wouldn't be any different in my opinion. I want to add equipment that wasn't in the film. After all the sandtrooper's where only in the film for a few minutes.

I'm sure that other troopers would of had extra pouches, side arms in holsters etc! :P

How do you feel on opening up to troopers with non-movie add ons?

Just my true feelings, hope I haven't opened up a can of worms?

No, this can of worms has been open so long most of the worms have died and have worms of their own. :P

The "deployed" status of the MEPD won't ever be open to non-screen-accurate troopers. Sure, in the "reality" of the universe there were probably all sorts of configurations. But since the "deployed" status is about matching what was on screen, we have to go by what's on screen... even if it was 20 seconds worth.

Getting in the 501st with a "TD" designation automatically puts makes you a 'member' of the MEPD. Getting DEPLOYED, however, is a different thing all together.

There are a lot of guys who match up for deployment and then add things or change things on their armor. The deployment standard / idea was set up to know that if we had to we could ask any deployed member to show up to a "canon event" in canon, screen-accurate, sandtrooper armor, and they would be able to comply. Does that mean when you troop you don't use some really pimped out pack? Or carry a sidearm, or have a cape? No. Just means you have that "screen-accurate" MEPD deployed standard set up available.

Make sense?

So... for what it's worth... I'm sorry to say these "modded sandies" won't ever be let in to being deployed. But they are certainly welcome on the boards. And you're certainly welcome to do both! B)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, whats going on.Dave from Lawn Gyland,New Yawk (I don't really talk like this) Glad you've stuck a toe in the sand box. We don't bite.Becoming a MEPD deployed Officer is not as hard as you might think.There is plenty of nice fellas to lend a hand on these here boards. See ya, Dave

Welcome to the MEPD James! Don't let our Deployed requirements intimidate you. They are reachable with a little effort on your part and a little help from all of us here. Get your gear set up for Deployment first and then add your personel "extras" later. As Noel said, "Deployed Status" simply means you are prepared to troop at a "Canon" Event. What you do with your gear the rest of the time is your business.

Feel free to ask if you need any help! Now get to work on that TD conversion! ;)