Brothers Helping Brothers...and Sisters :)

DirtyBoy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys (and gals), I have another name to throw into the hat for the pack. This one hits a little closer to home because he is a Garrison mate of mine. His name is Eric Seeman, aka TK4619 and he belongs to the Empire City Garrison right here in NYC. I have only known Eric a short while due to the fact that I am fairly new to the Legion. I did not become aware of the heroic deed that he did until fairly recently, but WOW, he really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Back in early 2009, Eric had seen a post about a fellow 501st member on the boards who was suffering from a rare form of cancer in his kidneys. Without a transplant, he would not survive. He was a member of our neiboring garrison Carrida. Even though Eric did not know him and the post said nothing about anyone volunteering to get tested, Eric did get tested and found out he was a match. He decided to donate one of his healthy kidneys.

Eric did not have an easy recovery from the surgery and did have some complications. He is doing much better today.

In the eyes of a lot of people, Eric is a hero. He did what most people would never even think of doing just to help a stranger and a fellow Legion Brother.

Eric does have Sandtrooper Armor but is not MEPD and does not have a pack. He has mentioned in some posts on our site "EmpireCityGarrison.com" that he would love to have one someday. It would be nice to give a little something back to a fellow brother who gave so much to help a fellow brother.

Please visit this link to read more about Eric and his heroic deed.

http://www.nypost.co...E4bbgMzld2oAmZK

I was just pointed to this thread. Awsome geasture with the pack give-away!

Im certain there are much more qulified individuals out there, but here goes:

Im currently building my TD (TM armor) and a T21 from scratch. As Ive said in another (my TM build) thread Im a tad over my head (ongoing divorce among other things) building a pack as well. I will def build one in the future as Im aiming for deployed status (thnx guys for clearification on the dif statuses).

I feels odd to nominate oneself :S

Anyhow - grats to whomever is the lucky guy/gal. :D

I was just pointed to this thread. Awsome geasture with the pack give-away!

Im certain there are much more qulified individuals out there, but here goes:

Im currently building my TD (TM armor) and a T21 from scratch. As Ive said in another (my TM build) thread Im a tad over my head (ongoing divorce among other things) building a pack as well. I will def build one in the future as Im aiming for deployed status (thnx guys for clearification on the dif statuses).

I feels odd to nominate oneself :S

Anyhow - grats to whomever is the lucky guy/gal. :D

Hey, nominating yourself was part of what we intended. B)

i also agree with John,for Eric's nomination. Eric did a selfless thing by donating a Kidney to a 501st member he hardly knew. In short, Eric saved Jeffs life. I was at the kidney walk in PA a few months before with both Eric and Jeff. The true definition of troopers helping troopers.

I have nominated via PM Pony Trooper, a new member of the MEPD, but a long time TD over the Mexican Garrison.

He is a trooper that always gives all he has and never expect anything back. Has attended pretty much every troop since he got clear for the 501st, specially charities and specially when kids are involved.

He is an Example to us all in Mexican Garrison.

He has been working hard to get his armor up to specification for a while, but so far have not been able (for many reasons) to finish a Back Pack.

Whole story has been told to Rick and the command staff, so well... this is my nomination.

:)

Saludos.

I think mine has got to go to Eric Seeman TK4619. I have never met this guy as he is on the other side of the globe but this trully is fitting for this gift. 'Bothers helping brothers' - you can't get more helpful than that!

Smally.

I have to also go with my garrison mate Eric also.Donating a Kidney to another person is indeed a gift of life to another person.This is definitely a unselfish act.I know only one pack can be awarded to someone but I just wanted to throw out a "Honorable Mention award" nomination to John Hopper (TD2557).I have personally never met John face to face (I will soon) but we have chatted a few times on the ECG boards.John,to me,is the epitome of Bro's helping Bro's.He unselfishly looked past some things in his life that could have knocked him down and nominated 2 other troopers on this thread.He is the type of guy who really captures what and why we do what we do with Charity troops and making people smile.He and others like him (MEPD,501st) make me proud to be a MEPD and 501ster.

Adios,Dave

Thanks for the honorable mention Dave! I however am not looking for any recognition, just trying to help those who need or could use the help. Lots of people are going through some rough times and I'm no different, but I'm a fighter. Life is full of challenges, It's up to all of us to face them and figure out a way to come out on top. I hope whomever receives this wonderful gesture from Rick, really enjoys it. Rick (aka Dirty Boy) is really the one who deserves all the kudos and recognition on this one. Thanks to his generousity, we all can help bring some joy to a fellow member.

I say way to go Rick! :duim:

Thanks for the honorable mention Dave! I however am not looking for any recognition, just trying to help those who need or could use the help. Lots of people are going through some rough times and I'm no different, but I'm a fighter. Life is full of challenges, It's up to all of us to face them and figure out a way to come out on top. I hope whomever receives this wonderful gesture from Rick, really enjoys it. Rick (aka Dirty Boy) is really the one who deserves all the kudos and recognition on this one. Thanks to his generousity, we all can help bring some joy to a fellow member.

I say way to go Rick! :duim:

Ditto that!

Thanks, bruv. The pack is gonna be a lil while. Right now I'm just worried about getting my armor and stuff in next week and bustin hump to get it done in time to meet the "Make A Wish" kids with my garrison at the end of this month. :)

Thanks, bruv. The pack is gonna be a lil while. Right now I'm just worried about getting my armor and stuff in next week and bustin hump to get it done in time to meet the "Make A Wish" kids with my garrison at the end of this month. :)

ya, i know how that is man....i have some packs for sale if you are interested....its an out of the box and throw on your back type of thing.....pm if interested

Thanks, man. My Garrison CO is actually really good at makin em. He and I are gunna build mine from scratch and I'm actually looking forward to the process. Going to try to use my suit as a recruitment tool, so hopefully will be able to send some new Sandies your way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this.....We have selected the trooper that will receive this pack. The trooper does not know yet since I am trying to plan a hand delivery of the pack. The plan is to present it to him/her during an event they are scheduled to be at. the CO of the garrison knows as well as a few select members of the MEPD....thats it....want it to be a huge surprise. :)

Anyway, if there is anyone that could attend the "giveaway" at NYCC mid October, please let me know....the more MEPD there the better....

• 3 weeks later...