Buyer Be Warned

Zon

I just wanted to give people a heads up on an unfortunate situation I ran into.

I ordered an E-11 from Cushman Paintball about a month and a half ago. The payment was received the next day and I didn't hear anything from them for about three weeks. I emailed them, gave them another week or two and still, nothing. I didn't get a response until I opened up a dispute with Paypal. They finally sent the product after paypal got involved. When I got it it wasn't packed with any kind of padding and had ten different cracks throughout the mold. I emailed them again asking for either my money back or another one that wasn't basically broken and have not gotten any response. I feel like I gave them a couple of opportunities to make the situation right and they've done nothing so I feel obligated to voice my opinion. If I had read of someone's experience like this I would not have gone ahead with the purchase.

I can appreciate anyone who provides casting of the weapons for the use of members....and keep in mind there are not alot of options out there.... That being said it should be noted that they are not intended for the beginnig type of builder. I ordered a kit about a year ago and two months later I received the kit in a comparable condition that you received yours. I disputed with paypal as well and was never satisfied with the outcome. All I can say is you get what you pay for. If you are doing an E-11 my suggestion would be to just buy the 20.00 walmart version and do the mods yourself or scan the board for a sci-fire....stay away from the resin casts as they crack after a drop.

I don't think I would be so frustrated if they simply responded to me when I emailed them. I figured that it would take some work to put it together and make it look good, but you guys make a very valid point: You get what you pay for.

On that note...

I have an order in with Sci-Fire for AHN E-11. My loving parents are contributing to my habit, although they did find it pretty ironic that I wanted a "toy gun" (their words, not mine) for my 34th birthday. It was either that or something practical, and that's no fun... :P

I just wanted to give people a heads up on an unfortunate situation I ran into.

I ordered an E-11 from Cushman Paintball about a month and a half ago. The payment was received the next day and I didn't hear anything from them for about three weeks. I emailed them, gave them another week or two and still, nothing. I didn't get a response until I opened up a dispute with Paypal. They finally sent the product after paypal got involved. When I got it it wasn't packed with any kind of padding and had ten different cracks throughout the mold. I emailed them again asking for either my money back or another one that wasn't basically broken and have not gotten any response. I feel like I gave them a couple of opportunities to make the situation right and they've done nothing so I feel obligated to voice my opinion. If I had read of someone's experience like this I would not have gone ahead with the purchase.

Ok, so, out of curiosity, could you post a pic of this cushman kit please??. I have their mg-34 ver.2. It's actually not too bad,though few of the details are soft. I like it.It had come with alot of splits due to being hard to remove from the mold,so they make cuts in order to remove them without ruining the mold itself. I was thinking of getting their e-11, but if there are cracks(not the typical split cuts).I'll stick to other makers.

I have an order in with Sci-Fire for AHN E-11. My loving parents are contributing to my habit, although they did find it pretty ironic that I wanted a "toy gun" (their words, not mine) for my 34th birthday. It was either that or something practical, and that's no fun... :P

You will be SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!

And, if you need me to, I'll call your parents and talk to them about what's important in life. I understand their generation doesn't get it sometime. I'm 37 and everyone knows toys = me happy. B)

How about running "our" idea of fun by the wife for the first time.

Mine knew what she was getting into from our first Halloween together. (actually from the first June before Halloween...)

Pm sent...

And our new DLT-19 shoudl be out very shortly...T-tracks, ejector cover, and handle greeblie all part of the new gun =)

Talk soon

Lewis

WOW! I got my T-21 directly from Lewis.Hyperfirm...there is no substitute

Parents! How about running "our" idea of fun by the wife for the first time.

The wife knew what she was getting into. Our first date was an Imax screening of Star Wars. I just recently have had the time and the means to feed my habit. Besides she told me to get a hobby, I can't be held responsible for how I chose to take her advice.... Right?!? :unsure:

You will be SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!

And, if you need me to, I'll call your parents and talk to them about what's important in life. I understand their generation doesn't get it sometime. I'm 37 and everyone knows toys = me happy. B)

Nol, you crack me up...

Ok, so, out of curiosity, could you post a pic of this cushman kit please??. I have their mg-34 ver.2. It's actually not too bad,though few of the details are soft. I like it.It had come with alot of splits due to being hard to remove from the mold,so they make cuts in order to remove them without ruining the mold itself. I was thinking of getting their e-11, but if there are cracks(not the typical split cuts).I'll stick to other makers.

The kit comes in 6 pieces. I guess some of the cracks can be explained away from being pulled out of the mold, but the second pic shows a 2- 3 inch crack along the scope (and there are three or four like that one).

Sorry to hear that bro - at one point he was considered reliable and I'm sorry it's not longer the case. :(

I dont think its deliberate....I just thinks in the past few years his quality has gone down based on the demand. Im sure its hard to keep up with the orders....I only fault him with the lack of communication....both prior to and after the purchase. If its explained and shown what comes in the box and how long its going to take....then thats on the buyer....but...when you open a package that youve been at the edge of your seat waiting for for 2 months and you dont get what you expect....thats another :)

The wife knew what she was getting into. Our first date was an Imax screening of Star Wars. I just recently have had the time and the means to feed my habit. Besides she told me to get a hobby, I can't be held responsible for how I chose to take her advice.... Right?!? :unsure:

Yeah.My wife was a real tough sell.But-here I am working on my 3rd set of armor.It took me a good 9 months of pestering to get my first set.Next thing,she's calling everybody she knows when I am on the "Today" show.I hope everything goes well with Cushman.I was thinking about picking up the clone pistol set for my ARC.Maybe I will get EVO's at CTN.

Hey Zon, i see what ya mean. Those are from releasing from the mold.I had those present on an ammo drum kit i got from cushman for my mg-42 replica. Strips of thin plastic or scrap from the kit ,Bondo and Amazing GOOP(plumbers version) will do the job nicely for a good fix up. I use goop for almost all that i build.Lol I have actually seen some nice builds out of these kits ,so give it a shot and see where it takes ya.

Hey Zon, i see what ya mean. Those are from releasing from the mold.I had those present on an ammo drum kit i got from cushman for my mg-42 replica. Strips of thin plastic or scrap from the kit ,Bondo and Amazing GOOP(plumbers version) will do the job nicely for a good fix up. I use goop for almost all that i build.Lol I have actually seen some nice builds out of these kits ,so give it a shot and see where it takes ya.

After you mentioned that there might be some cracks due to the mold process I took a second look at the pieces. That explains the cracks on the exterior edges, but I wouldn't think I'd find major cracks on the interior. Even with the cracks I wouldn't be all that upset, it's the whole situation (even though I feel they should let you know about the cracks ahead of time). More communication would have helped a lot.

I'll see what comes of it. I'm still pretty new to the build process but at least now after working with my armor I have a little more confidence in tackling projects like this. Still, if I had been more informed about the product I probably wouldn't have gotten it and I just want others to know what to expect. Although I do appreciate your advice.

Just throwing my 2 cents in on the Cushmann situation. I too ordered from him about 2 1/2 months ago. Placed an order for a T-21 kit. After waiting 6 weeks, sent emails about the order (10 of them over a weeks time) and got no response. I only got a nasty response after opening up a dispute through Paypal. I then requested my order cancelled and a refund. 2 weeks later and plenty more emails, the kit showed up. It was actually in good condition, but I had decided while waiting for my refund to contact "The Woodchuck" and get on his waiting list for his T-21 BFG. After the kit showed up, I sold it to a garrison mate who was looking for one.

Cushmann's customer service is def lacking. I don't think I would ever order from him again.

Just throwing my 2 cents in on the Cushmann situation. I too ordered from him about 2 1/2 months ago. Placed an order for a T-21 kit. After waiting 6 weeks, sent emails about the order (10 of them over a weeks time) and got no response. I only got a nasty response after opening up a dispute through Paypal. I then requested my order cancelled and a refund. 2 weeks later and plenty more emails, the kit showed up. It was actually in good condition, but I had decided while waiting for my refund to contact "The Woodchuck" and get on his waiting list for his T-21 BFG. After the kit showed up, I sold it to a garrison mate who was looking for one.

Cushmann's customer service is def lacking. I don't think I would ever order from him again.

Wow, i am actually surprised about this :blink: . Cushman used to be so quick in all areas of service. I never had any trouble, granted i waited almost a month :rolleyes: . :mellow: However he shoulda posted if anything was going on that would delay anything on his site or through any emails.I do know however, things get seriously delayed due to orders made by the paintball and airsoft crowds :angry: .A good example is that invasion of normandy(paintball ) event over here in PA,thats coming up soon if i'm correct.I ordered around that time ,thus the month wait.Oh well :)