Weathered pack

TD2802

Here's my weathered pack completed by drybrushing with mix of Woodland Scenics earthtone paints:

Posted Image

Pls check the links to see the rest.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/ ... ack003.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/ ... ack002.jpg

Like others before me, had to improvise with what was on hand when I couldn't find a closely matching piece.

that looks awsume!!good job.. I am curious what did you use for the thing that looks like a filter of some kind?

Thanks for the interest!

For the 'filter' I simply glued a rubber car floormat which was trimmed to fit around a rice ******* tin. Used a strong glue like Gorilla glue and set with clamps and rubber bands till cured.

• 2 months later...

Thanks again guys. I'm planning on replacing the oil transfer can on the bottom left with something smaller and more accurate. Also will eventually place something on top of the cylindrical filter piece so it won't appear hollow.

As for hydrating, haven't heard about integrating something into a pack itself but have heard it suggested that a camelbak under your armor may work.

Has anyone ever made their pack functional ,like a water bottle or hydration pack built in for long walks N stuff. thats my plan

I bought a Camel pack which was small enough to fit underneath my back armor, but getting the hose to run up in the helmet was almost impossible without dribbling water all over myself. However, you make a good point... I should dismantle the camel pack and remove the water bladder and install it my replica sandtrooper back pack. I'd have to take off my helmet to drink, but that's ok.