pandatrooper

How to: T-21 Blaster scratch build

Oh my...This is the best scratch built T-21 ever...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry you are MISTER detail.

Now make me one :P

that is awesome...I want one so bad....can I get the templetes as well please

thanks

Rob

I'm in the middle of my build based upon PT's template and i've hit a stumbling block with the fins. Any template or measurements for them?

Terry thanks...I'm going to try this for sure...thanks for all the details and photos...nice job...wish you lived closer..LOL

Materials

3/4 “ inch thick wood (I used pine shelving)for the main body / receiver

3/8” inch thick wood for the stock (I couldn’t find any, so I used ¼”)

3.5” diameter PVC pipe for the main barrel (I used 3” “Cell core” ABS pipe, which has an outer diameter of approx 3.5”)

3.5” connector (you will cut rings from this)

2.5” diameter PVC pipe for the barrel tip (I couldn’t find any locally, so I took some 3” PVC and cut it down to 2 7/8” diameter)

4” corrugated drain tubing for the barrel (you can use D profile adhesive rubber trim for car doors for more accuracy)

Sheet styrene for details (I used 2mm and 1.5mm a lot)

1.25” piping (small section for the sight)

2” PVC piping (for the chamber or whatever you call it that holds the bullets in the main body / receiver )

I have been using Panda Troopers brilliant build as a guide and I am to the finishing stages, wrapping up the barrel.

Just thought I would share this with everyone else in case they had any trouble finding material. You can get 2 1/2" electrical PVC conduit (grey stuff) at places like lowes that has an outside diameter of 2 7/8" and fits perfect inside the the 3" Cell core pipe Panda Trooper uses. It comes in 10ft sections for about 10 bux (US)....well worth if you ask me.

Ok back to bat cave!!

That´s absolutly AWESOME Terry :huh: Thanks for this tutorial ;)

Leo :duim:

I'm in the middle of my build based upon PT's template and i've hit a stumbling block with the fins. Any template or measurements for them?

Ya any plans /templates for the fins

Also for the rear site ????

My "fins" are 2 1/4" long and just under 1" tall (approx 15/16"). The exact size will vary depending on what materials you have used for the receiver and the large outer barrel. The rear sight is 4" long including the coins / knob on the front end, and is about 3/4" wide.

post-3270-0-26387200-1312066916_thumb.jp

Some of you have wondered what the oval metal on the stock was well here it is

The stock on the lewis was made to be changed out for different applications

Posted Image

First: Thanks for a great tutorial.

Second: Should not this tutorial be pinned? Alot of MG-34 are pinned but no Lewis gun Tutorials.

Third: Pandatrooper... you ROCK :D .

This is truly a nerdgasmic build!! I HAVE to give it a go! Biggest problem is getting pipes/tubes that correspond to the imperial measurements. I've hoovered all plumbers etc across the country trying to get 90mm pipe - no one has it as the norwgian standard in houses is 110...blargh! Luckily the force is strong with the goldfish keeping garden gnomes up here - I finally found an online garden pond centre that stocks 90mm. Yay!! Let the fun begin!! (will probably be the most expensive blaster build to date as I just realized I can't live another day without a table saw. Lol!)

Incredible build! You have inspired me to build my own.

Luckily, my wife has a plotter at work and printed off the blueprint for me :D

Awesome looking blaster Terry and thanx for the pics. Is this rig for sale yet ?? LOL