Im building a T-21

Hi all, I got me a cushman kit and wanted to know where to get the D-ring thing on the stock and where to get the strap/sling.

I also wanted to know where to get one of those cool color disk things to put in the berrel.

And last but not least, how do you make that awsome metal look while painting it?

Hi fellow Carolinian! The "d ring" is an Enfield swivel. I believe you should look for "rear" or "buttstock" Enfield swivels. The sling is actually 2 Enfield slings put together. I would try Ebay or vintage military sites. Make sure the swivel is the same width as the slings. For painting it to look like metal, there are 2 options - 1) paint it silver then black and then scuff / sand areas to expose the silver underneath. 2) paint it black and then drybrush silver "wear" marks. If you search for 3" plasma discs, you should find plenty of sites offering them. I hope this helps! I'm sure some of the seasoned pros here can shed even more light on the subject matter :D

My slings are two M-1 garand slings. They were from gkkbar@charter.net and cost about $30 shipped IIRC. The sling attachment for the butt stock was bought from aiaaron@hotmail.com. It is $13.94 shipped back when I got mine.

For the other parts - not sure exactly which ones you're referring to?

• 1 month later...

Dose anyone know how I can reenforce the HIPS?

I used the foam "great stuff" and ran a piece of PVC from the barrell to the stock. the foam expands and will adhere very well to the pvc plus it will fill in part of the pvc tube to add additional strength.

Hi fellow Carolinian! The "d ring" is an Enfield swivel. I believe you should look for "rear" or "buttstock" Enfield swivels. The sling is actually 2 Enfield slings put together. I would try Ebay or vintage military sites. Make sure the swivel is the same width as the slings. For painting it to look like metal, there are 2 options - 1) paint it silver then black and then scuff / sand areas to expose the silver underneath. 2) paint it black and then drybrush silver "wear" marks. If you search for 3" plasma discs, you should find plenty of sites offering them. I hope this helps! I'm sure some of the seasoned pros here can shed even more light on the subject matter :D

Excellent tips! I also used a dirty "wash" technique.You take a small amount of paint and add it to more water,play around with colors and water to you feel satisfied with the look-more water than paint.This helps to achieve a muddy,rusty,dusty look.I also used a watered down black for a oily look.The colors will settle in recessed areas.Keep a paper towel handy to wipe areas you don't like or mistakes.Sometimes it takes a few layers of this technique to reach desired effect.Paint with your wash.Dry.Repeat till happy.Good Luck,I found painting my T-21 to be one of the highlights of my Sandie build.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the foam "great stuff" and ran a piece of PVC from the barrell to the stock. the foam expands and will adhere very well to the pvc plus it will fill in part of the pvc tube to add additional strength.

What kind of foam did you use Rick?

What kind of foam did you use Rick?

Hey Tyler this is what I used....

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xga/R-100029171/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

just make sure it doesnt get away from you....its a nightmare to clean of your hands and stuff. Also, make sure there are no holes anywhere in the area you are filling.....it expands alot and will find an escape route :)