Storing your pack

TD2802

Cool! Looks like I won't need to drop any $$ on an extra bin then (man I love this board). Now if there was only some sort of portable 'coatrack' to hang it while suiting up or taking a break - that way its within easy reach for those of us whose suits aren't modded enough to bend and pick it up.

Eh - that's what friends are for! Not like you'll ever troop by your lonesome

Seriously though - perhaps a sheet music stand? Or else - dare I say it - it may be possible to make a portable rack out of PVC? I bet we can rig up a rectangular frame table with three point elbows - just don't glue in the legs. We can even tether the legs to the frame. Total cost would be what - $5?

Eh - that's what friends are for! Not like you'll ever troop by your lonesome

Seriously though - perhaps a sheet music stand? Or else - dare I say it - it may be possible to make a portable rack out of PVC? I bet we can rig up a rectangular frame table with three point elbows - just don't glue in the legs. We can even tether the legs to the frame. Total cost would be what - $5?

You're right - there is no ''I'' in troop or however it goes. Just something to make it easier to pick it up from because even your buddies may have a hard time helping if they're already suited up themselves.

Thinking along the same lines about PVC, a lightweight portable design could be done (telescoping perhaps?). May have to do some prototypes with some of the leftover PVC I got laying around to test for strength. Even a simple t-shaped wooden design with base might work. Uh oh looks like too much thought is going into this. Must...not...overengineer....

Actually that's better than what I had in mind. I think it's totally do-able. It may not need to telescope per se. I'll have to find a way to steal over to Home Depot to see if what I have in mind would work. So a T rack on top with a triangle frame below - kinda like a stick man? The tubs can be connected with elbows and each "leg" attached to the next by some elastic passed through the tubes themselves.

=----=

|

|

| /

----/

Actually that's better than what I had in mind. I think it's totally do-able. It may not need to telescope per se. I'll have to find a way to steal over to Home Depot to see if what I have in mind would work. So a T rack on top with a triangle frame below - kinda like a stick man? The tubs can be connected with elbows and each "leg" attached to the next by some elastic passed through the tubes themselves.

=----=

|

|

| /

----/

Ok sounds like something is gelling here. Yes, a T-rack design would work but wondering if tubing would be the best for bearing weight and tensile strength. The packs aren't heavy (well in the first hour or so of wearing at least ) but it would depend on what size tubing to avoid tipping over or sag. There's always wood but that may be heavier and bulkier so tubing may be the first choice as you suggested.