Elf Fantasy Fair 2010 Europe

dutchy

Hey gang,

The Dutch Garrison has attended the EFF2010 in the netherlands, the biggest event in its kind in the whole of Europe. The number of visitors hit the 25.000.

Lot's of people were dressed up as maid's,knights, manga characters,Lord of the rings characters etc..you name it and it was probably there.

The fun part was that those costumens were of a high level as well but as soon as the troops entered the scene all camera's were focused on us.

The day was really intense, in armor from 10 in the mornig till 4:30 in the afternoon.

I even managed to loose my sniperknee and walk around with my belt hanging out of place..

Here you have a link to the dutch kids journal which is broadcasted before the regular news. Skip to 5 minute 30 secs for the start of the topic, and then mr TD-1560 will give you a salute at aprrox. 6 minute 26 sec..

and all the jibberish you hear is actually dutch.. :lol:

http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=10899657

Pics in the next post.. B)

I had a blast that day for sure...

Posted Image

entering the scene from the holodeck..

Posted Image

the holodeck itself( which was build by our belgian troopers)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lots of women, fairies and other peeps who like it dirty..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

next post 2 more pics :blink:

the last for now.. :rolleyes:

One with the other dirty trooper from our garrison..

Posted Image

last but not least..our stand was overwhelmed with visitors which tributed to a great weekend for the Dutch Garrison and the 501st Legion.

Posted Image

Dutchy logging out...

Looks like top cool event bro.

25.000 visitors is a lot, a you first troop whit your new garrison, nice!!!

I can´t see the movie, maybe because yours are a pc, and i have a mac here (put it on youtube).

More pics more pics :D

I saw some pics from this event on facebook, but none of these.

That's got to be one of the best "backgrounds" I've ever seen!

Fantastic! B)

Thanks for posting!

Thanks bro's...

Yeah it was really great to troop with my new gang..

I think that you need to install a player for the clip, especially because you work with a Mac I think.

But here 2 more pics.

This is what we did to rockers without the long hair..

Posted Image

and one on patrol with a female jedi in our custody..

Posted Image

..and all the pics I show here are mine or made by other members of our garrison..it seems we weren't the only people who were in costume as we found out... :lol:

cool event bro'

i already gone over there the past year, but it was in september!!?? and all the european garrisons was invited, many french troopers came with me, it was a really cool week end, a great remember :)

is the date change for this year, or is there another EFF in september?

cool event bro'

i already gone over there the past year, but it was in september!!?? and all the european garrisons was invited, many french troopers came with me, it was a really cool week end, a great remember :)

is the date change for this year, or is there another EFF in september?

Merci bien bro'..

Since 2009 the event is split up in 2 events. One in april and one in september. So this year in september there will also be an EFF on another location in the Netherlands, in Arcen to be exact near the german border. If you go there again this year maybe we can hook up there.

À bientôt!!

Posted Image

Merci bien bro'..

Since 2009 the event is split up in 2 events. One in april and one in september. So this year in september there will also be an EFF on another location in the Netherlands, in Arcen to be exact near the german border. If you go there again this year maybe we can hook up there.

À bientôt!!

Posted Image

yes it was in Arcen!

i spent a great week end, a crazy feeling to cross vampires, vikings, horses, sci fi, an amazing travel, i will do my maximum to come on again this year, i hope to see you over there.

pictures of me with members of my garrison in EFF arcen 2009. and i meet a rabbit and an angel. i stayed cool with the angel !!! :lol::lol:;):D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hahaha..great pic's bro' :lol:

I feel sorry for the rabbit but it seems you both had a good time :peace:

It would be cool if you could make it this year....we'll have a blast :laser::jawa:

Hahaha..great pic's bro' :lol:

I feel sorry for the rabbit but it seems you both had a good time :peace:

It would be cool if you could make it this year....we'll have a blast :laser::jawa:

yes it was a crazy week end (yes i took good time :P) , with lot of fun and a really good welcome from the dutch garrison, I will do my best to get to take leave and come for the weekend.

• 1 month later...