Weathering from my TD

DarthChridan

Daniel the bee stinger mounting bracket is white and we know it. You'll never be deployed this year !

:(:unsure::wacko::6:

...ok, then i go eat :popcorn:

without joke: Juan, you wrote i should it paint blue....which blue?!...is there a specially blue/ nr.?!??!

Like i wrote, the bracket is already silver/aluminium....

Cheers...

Daniel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:unsure::wacko::6:

...ok, then i go eat :popcorn:

without joke: Juan, you wrote i should it paint blue....which blue?!...is there a specially blue/ nr.?!??!

Like i wrote, the bracket is already silver/aluminium....

Cheers...

Daniel

Actually, there are a few options out there.

The most common less accurate would be painting it blue just like the seedtrays.

This is (was) a common practice. Right now my pack is that way, but it is under review at the moment to make it more accurate.

Then...

We can see that most packs have the bracket painted black. So thats an option too:

post-1761-031935500 1298141976_thumb.jpg

post-1761-051346100 1298141982_thumb.jpg

post-1761-071635700 1298141986_thumb.jpg

BUT!! The captain pack on the Roadblock scene has silver brackets, and since we cant see how they are in these same pack on other scenes, I think it is safe to assume that the captain pack has always silver brackets. Even if it was not, and the Move Along was the only one with those kind of brackets, I think it makes it more accurate and would not prevent deployment.

post-1761-082480800 1298142183_thumb.jpg

post-1761-095428500 1298141991_thumb.jpg

Hope it helps.

:)

Saludos

Ola Juan...

this helps me really ;) ...

here a few pics, photographed closer-

Posted Image

Posted Image

but i can paint over it again with silver...when it shows better ;)

Thank you for the better reference pics.

Cheers...

I would leave it as it is bro.

It looks spot on.

Happy to help.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh! You are one beautiful dirty trooper! Can I roll in the dirt with you? *grin* j/k hehe :lol:

Which paints did you use to brush on the details on your suit? I am about to convert my clean suit to a dirty one as well and would love to get a similar look like this with the 2 tones. It is gorgeous! :blink::wub:

Ugh! You are one beautiful dirty trooper! Can I roll in the dirt with you? *grin* j/k hehe :lol:

Hey Miranda

...you flirt with me ;):lol::P:) hehehe...

Which paints did you use to brush on the details on your suit? I am about to convert my clean suit to a dirty one as well and would love to get a similar look like this with the 2 tones.

I used two color tones(all on water basis)...dark brown and beige...at least for the fine dust i've used ivory.

But on another armor, i would rather take only dark brown...it's more accurate ;)

It was my first weathering on an armor.

To dab the color always first, then rub and wipe off again. At the lower place, slightly less water add to make it still darker...

I hope this helps :)

Greetings...

Dan

Me flirt? never! ^_^ ;):lol:

I used to have a Captain Rex and used a similar idea I guess and used black acrylic paint mixed with Windex. I suppose I could do this the same way? I am just worried about rain since I live in a part of Alaska that is part of the Tongass rain forest. Could I use a clear coat after I am done?

Me flirt? never! ^_^ ;):lol:

A little flirt never hurts :P ...ok joke...sry ;)

I used to have a Captain Rex and used a similar idea I guess and used black acrylic paint mixed with Windex. I suppose I could do this the same way? I am just worried about rain since I live in a part of Alaska that is part of the Tongass rain forest. Could I use a clear coat after I am done?

I used finally semigloss clearcoat...that should be enough ;):)

Greetings...

Dan